New car
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PerlaNera

Thread: New car

Tadpole

Default New car

2008 Peugeot 308 XTE 1.6 petrol turbo auto with only only 41,000KMS!!

black on black leather interior, glass roof.

1 owner, traded into a jeep dealership because the owner "bought a jeep"

no damage what so ever except for a small dent in the black bumper band in the front grille. and a little bit of scuffing on the drivers seat bolster.

Had been sitting in their yard for about 2 months, the poor girl didn't get any attention, because it was at jeep dealership. and everyone went there to say "I bought a jeep"

Advertisement

fully checked, by them, me, racq, full history including past work and seems to be issue free apart from a de-pollution error 2 yrs ago. has 3 yr warranty, they will do a service before they hand it over. fantastic buy.

New car-took-test-drive..jpg

any other 308 owners out there, this is my first peugeot and i'm sort of excited. I've had saabs, jags and a citroen xsara vts.
    Last edited by PerlaNera; 7th July 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Tadpole

any other 308 others out there? or do you all have older models?

this motor was in the 207 gti. so would 207 gti parts fit this motor? e.g alloy boost pipes, silicone intake and breather hoses etc..

any other parts. thinking of fitting a turbo back exhaust system. and some other tweaks.

1000+ Posts

The 1.6 turbo is in a range of PSA cars - Peugeot 207, 308, RCZ, Citroen C4, C5, DS3, DS4 and the BMW Mini. It is a very advanced design with variable valve timing and stroke, and I don't know what you could practically achieve with a new legal exhaust. It is roughly a BMW head sitting on a PSA block, with some interesting twists like the water pump drive.

If you look at the rear of the head, LH side, you'll see the electric stepper motor that drives the valve position. The valve stroke serves as an accelerator throttle.

Early models from 2006 had some timing chain troubles and were prone to oil foul the inlet valves, owing to the direct into the chamber injectors not washing the valves. The cure was a cap on the PCV return hose from the engine to the intake manifold (LH side at manifold).

Tadpole

thanks for that information, I understood there was a blow by issue with this motor, as most turbo motors, stupid emissions crap.

Is this the part your talking about?

etuners : Technical File

i understood that this was an issue on the motor. I'll go down to peugeot a pick one up.

In addition to this ive read about carbon build on the inlet valves. any easy way to de-coke the motor? Ive heard of that seafoam stuff that people run in there cars to help burn off the carbon build up. there is varying results from this ive learnt from looking around on the net.

how about a different approach. an "italian tune up" hahaha. rotary motors stuffer from a bad case carbon buildup and to keep the motor in good order its recommended you flog the shit out of it once and a while and burn all the crap out.
    BIGRR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PerlaNera View Post
    thanks for that information, I understood there was a blow by issue with this motor, as most turbo motors, stupid emissions crap.

Is this the part your talking about?

etuners : Technical File

i understood that this was an issue on the motor. I'll go down to peugeot a pick one up.

In addition to this ive read about carbon build on the inlet valves. any easy way to de-coke the motor? Ive heard of that seafoam stuff that people run in there cars to help burn off the carbon build up. there is varying results from this ive learnt from looking around on the net.

how about a different approach. an "italian tune up" hahaha. rotary motors stuffer from a bad case carbon buildup and to keep the motor in good order its recommended you flog the shit out of it once and a while and burn all the crap out.
    Hey ya,

I have the same basic engine in the DS3, I believe there has been a move away from blanking the rear pcv if the engine wasn't blanked from the factory, instead putting an oil catch can on both the front and rear pcv. As with everything though, take it with a grain of salt.

I have also heard the theory about giving it an Italian tune up from time to time, I like this one too.

Tadpole

So i went looking around on the net today for these blank caps P/N 0361.S4 for the 308. prior to this I called into a few peugeot dealers looking for the caps, and they didn't have any in stock so i moved onto the internet and found a bloke on ebay in the uk that sells them.

ended up being a little bit more money than i wanted to spend on what is basically a squeeze plug with a o-ring. but anyway. should be here next week and ill whip off the pcv hose and cap it up.

direct injection is great for power and fuel
    efficiency but a pain in the ass for the actual owners. i should start up a carbon cleaning business with walnut blasting. you could make a packet doing it.

im going to run some upper cyl cleaner through the car with weekend and try to get some of that crap off. through the pvc hose ironically, well at least its good for somethings.

crankcase ventilation will just be release somewhere else. stupid EPA crap.
    Last edited by PerlaNera; 12th July 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Thread Information