Does anyone have the ZF3HP12 repair manual for Peugeot?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By con

Thread: Does anyone have the ZF3HP12 repair manual for Peugeot?

Default Does anyone have the ZF3HP12 repair manual for Peugeot?

So I am struggling with a mystery involving a 1969 404 automatique. Right now I got her running pretty good in the D position, aside from a slow leak in tranny fluid that I plan on fixing. But the L or E (US models call it Low gear, Frenchies call it Excepcionnelle) doesn't function as it should. According to almost every technical source I've found about the ZF 3HP12 automatic transmission, this selector position should make the car perform in a sport mode. It is supposed to shift from 1st to 2nd at 25 mph, but I've gone to 32 mph with no avail- the car stays in 1st. This position also is supposed to be independent of accelerator pedal depression. Does anyone have the Peugeot workshop Manual for the ZF 3HP12 transmission? I have the BMW one, But it is a little different. Thanks!

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

I have seen the BMW version too. Not a traditional repair manual, but this French site may be useful - Philippe Boursin - Pedagogie - Document ressource

There's a parts breakdown at http://leclub40.o2switch.net/documen...illiste.28.pdf

Thanks, I have been using that French site you posted, a lot of great information - just a little bit too theoretical to help me troubleshoot. But it certainly helped to give me a foundational understanding of the Peugeot ZF 3hp12. Parts breakdown is useful to see how its all put together, still in the market for a peug repair manual tho! thanks so much

1000+ Posts

Boursin shows the gear transition speeds in his (low res) diagrams. The table SEUILS DE PASSAGE PEUGEOT 404/BMW 1800-2000 gives the speeds (kph):
    E
    sans influence 40 86 78 30
    "kick-down" 60 97 45 87

The troubleshooting table is a bit on the simple side:
    Points de passage des vitesses trop faibles
    - réglage de commande d'accélération incorrect
    - douille de régulateur coincée
    - pression d'accélération trop faible

I don't know of anything better online, bar the specific BMW material.
    wadehilts likes this.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

I think I may have the Peugeot factory manual for this - give a day (or two to find).

con...

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    I think I may have the Peugeot factory manual for this - give a day (or two to find).

con...

Hi Wade,

Sorry but I don't seem to have the "Repair Manual" for the 3HP12 but I do have a factory "Technical Description" which mentions the 404. And, I also have the factory "Repair and Adjustment Manual" for the 3HP22 which may also help you.
    These are each about 8-10MB in compressed form so I will send the DropBox link for downloading to your email address.

Hope this helps

con...
    wadehilts likes this.

Thread Information