206 seat up/down mechanism
  • Register
  • Help

Default 206 seat up/down mechanism

has anyone ever dismantled a 206 seat? I have the exact same problem as this guy. My seat rocks as if it's being pivoted off a see-saw anchor. I checked underneath and noticed the pins are missing completely.

Advertisement

I bought a pair of bolts and nuts thinking it'd be a simple job of throwing them in and tightening it up, but i can't get access to the inside of that pin, i have the entire seat disassembled but would I have to dismantle and remove the upholstery completely to do so?

It's not super-hard to remove and refit the seat cover/foam.

Looks as though that pressing is bent.

got it off, reason it was so difficult was because the lift mechanism was so buggered I couldn't get to the bolt I needed to

mine is worse than his one See that main bar on the right end has broken off its weld.

more crappy welds

these seats have by far the worst design and manufacturing quality ever. No wonder the pivot bolts broke, they were either too weak for the tension they're meant to hold and/or the welding around the whole frame is shocking. You can see cracked welding all over the place. Is there any way to undo those heavy springs?

edit: also would a peugeot 307 seat be compatible with this, need to know as ill be heading down to the wreckers
    Last edited by lion5; 22nd June 2014 at 11:06 PM.

I had several broken welds on the 405 driver's seat re-TIG welded, Ben at Extreme Creations did the job for me. I figured if he could stitch together turbo motorbike frames, he could weld a seat up nicely.

If you need to borrow a hog ring kit/pliers to reassemble the seat, message me.

All done

used zip ties instead of hog rings

removed the spring unit for the lift mechanism, bolted the pivots down to the frame. Although now the seat is fixed at the height (that I drive at which is pretty much anyone unless you are 1.3m tall and need it lifted) it's steady as ever. Ended up having to buy an angle grinder. AEG makes some pretty decent stuff.

Cheers for the input addo, a welding job would have set me back quite a bit,
    this image is old. I decided to do a decent enough job, bought myself an angle grinder and some washers and made the nut fit flat on the frame. Works pretty well, and am still amazed to see how horrible this whole design is.

When i went to the wreckers I had a look at other lift mechanism (and slide mechanism) designs. Way way better, albeit they were from a merc and bmw.

Thread Information