prising open the com2000 unit on a 2002 206 gti
  • Register
  • Help

Default prising open the com2000 unit on a 2002 206 gti

hi guys

having a lot of trouble prising out the 11 retainers on the com2000 unit. I'm doing this because im going to attempt cleaning out the headlight unit as i'm sure there is some loose connection in there causing my front headlights to randomly turn on. I noticed my right headlamp dead and im sure the constant turning on (and me turning it back off) is the cause of this.

Advertisement

The plastic is really delicate, as I already snapped the retainer clip for the radio control. It fits in but now will never clip.

Any tricks on getting this out easily? I just want to take the light switch stalk open the insides up and clean everything possible.

I'm using the iPhone plastic flat head things to try pry them as well thinking that might prevent it from snapping

And there seem to be many different versions. The 'guide' for a 406 one has a much easier layout
    Last edited by lion5; 21st June 2014 at 08:58 PM.

Got it!

Does anyone have any thrown out com2000 units? I might just try a different bunch of light stalks. It looks like you can't open the stalk. Way to go peugeot. Make it incredibly difficult to dismantle and impossible to even repair.

Over on this citroen page it seems that they can open it- but they don't say how.

http://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c...look-t467.html
    All i need is access to that region as I'm sure metal debris that jumps about during bumps causes a different line to short

------------------------------------------

Putting it back together as I've given up - where can I buy proper electrical contact grease for those slide contacts? Repco and Supercheap don't stock anything like that (and only have those little $1 satchels for the battery)
    Last edited by lion5; 22nd June 2014 at 12:09 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Jaycar should sell electrical grease. As for the unit, good luck. Mine never went back together the same. Lucky for me I wasn't fussed.

Just went to Jaycar - the best the guy could offer me was a 'conductive grease' when i asked him what would happen if this grease was to go across each channel, he said 'lube up each copper plate' when i said what happens if, say, during vibrations or hot temperature that the grease becomes slightly thinner causing it to short between two channels.

We have some Nye lube at work which seems to be the stuff people use for their potentiometers which is exactly what I want.
    http://www.nyelubricants.com/applica...tiometer.shtml

will use this stuff
    Last edited by lion5; 22nd June 2014 at 02:18 PM.

Thread Information