Peugeot Test Drive
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By addo

Thread: Peugeot Test Drive

wid

Default Peugeot Test Drive

My partner's 307 is beyond a joke so she has decide to sell it. Just for fun I thought a test drive of a 308 would serve as an interesting comparison to the old Peugeot and a new Mazda 3. So, last sunday we went to that place at Parramatta and aksed for a drive. Sorry, not possible was the reply, despite the yard having serveral. They did suggest we could pay a deposit and drive it later. Are they serious?? Good luck Peugeot!
    Looks like we have to give our money to Mazda, at least they appear to care.
    Sad days.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

There's a 308 alternative that I'm sure you could get a test drive in - CITROňN C4 French Art Sale - Save $4000 on the CITROňN C4 Seduction. The new C4 is the centre car in the picture.

Why they can't use these to put a dent in Mazda3 sales is beyond me. Sime Darby haven't helped by reducing the number of manual variants.

Quote Originally Posted by wid View Post
    So, last sunday we went to that place at Parramatta and aksed for a drive. Sorry, not possible was the reply, despite the yard having serveral. They did suggest we could pay a deposit and drive it later. Are they serious?? Good luck Peugeot!
    I'm surprised you even managed to find a salesperson at Trivett Parramatta.

It's been full of cars and empty of car sales people the last few times I've been there.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

wid

It did take 15 minutes for them to notice us.

I've had similar experiences at Bunnings, it's not just car dealers.
    STALLED likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    When I was last at Bunnings the sales people were to busy talking amongst themselves to take my money.

Did you dance on the trade counter singing YMCA, too? It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    In the 70's their was a saying "If you don't want it - go to McEwans" - they never had stock of anything.

Bunnings are going the same way. A whole to f**ck all IMO.
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    I'm surprised you even managed to find a salesperson at Trivett Parramatta.

It's been full of cars and empty of car sales people the last few times I've been there.
    The last FEW times??? Why do you bother to go at all if it is like that? Seems pretty odd as they do seem to stay in business somehow, or maybe I'm missing something?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by wid View Post
    My partner's 307 is beyond a joke so she has decide to sell it. Just for fun I thought a test drive of a 308 would serve as an interesting comparison to the old Peugeot and a new Mazda 3. So, last sunday we went to that place at Parramatta and aksed for a drive. Sorry, not possible was the reply, despite the yard having serveral. They did suggest we could pay a deposit and drive it later. Are they serious?? Good luck Peugeot!
    Looks like we have to give our money to Mazda, at least they appear to care.
    Sad days.
    After being at our local Renault dealership, Unley Renault @ Unley, which was a great experience also, we ended up down the road at the only Peugeot dealership in Adelaide, Australian Motors - Peugeot @ Wayville, where there was only 3 sales staff and 9 people, including ourselves, wondering around in the yard and the showroom. Clearly there wasn't enough sales staff, but they did their best and were able to talk to pretty much all of us on the Saturday afternoon.

Because there was a lack of sales staff, we were able to take the 208 and then the 2008 for test drives without anyone with us, which suited us, as we had already done our homework and we really didn't need a sales person to tell us most things were already knew about the car anyway.

Despite the dealership being busy, the service we were given was great and we ended up buying a car from them, the 2008. When we went to pick up the car on the Thursday night, we also noticed 2 other people there picking up their new Peugeot's from the same day we were in the dealership, a 208 and a 4008. Seems they had a successful day that Saturday.

While I'm more of a Renault boy at heart and I've got my fingers crossed that the new Renault Captur won't be that much better than the 2008, we're pretty happy with the new purchase. I just feel that Sime Darby aren't really doing enough to push the Peugeot and Citroen brands here in Australia. It'd be great if they were at the same level as Renault are in Australia right now. Citroen is basically on life support and the Peugeot brand should be selling double what they are now, which would put them on the same level with Renault.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Sounds like the low pressure sales model actually has proven itself. GW - you should go there in the holidays...

Ill never forget in 1988 when i was interested in buying a BMW K1 (motorcycle) in blue & yellow. I knew someone who worked at BMW HQ In Mulgrave and called him up,

he mailed me a personal invitation to take a K1 for a ride at any BMW dealer, excited i rode my 3 year old Suzuki in to Melbourne Suzuki my closest BMW dealer at the time in Elizabeth St in order to get it valued for a trade in and take a K1 for a test ride.

I presented the letter to the salesman who read it, looked at me and said "you can't afford to buy a motorcycle like this, this is a very expensive motorcycle."

My jaw dropped, and i replied "your right, not from here anyway"

I then jumped on my GS and rode to Peter Menere's BMW Brighton, who also sold then the range of motorcycles.

They read the letter and not only offered the K1 but i also tested the K75 & K100 along with the RS650LS. Sadly being 6 foot 4 i had troubles with the fuel nozzles hitting my shins on the R's (i sat on the other larger R's with the same problem) and fairing edge on the K1.

I then went to look at another bike i was interested in buying a last of the line Laverda RGS1000, due to the low number in Australia a demo was not available to ride and as the feel of a motorcycle was important to me, i left it at that.

A motorcycle WAS obtained that week ironically a new Suzuki and guess where i did not buy it from --- yep Melbourne Suzuki, and because i'm a non forgiving bastard - i dropped in and showed them.

A few years later they would close and Suzuki would pass over to Peter Stevens.

Pity they closed as i could of dropped in and showed them the 6 bikes i have gotten since, Even my current ride is a Suzuki, a Boulevard i obtained new from Mick Hone.

Mick Hone did not have a Boulevard for testing when i went in, only a new one on the floor, but they had a guy who put one in for a service, they rang him up and informed him that they knew me well and would it be ok for me to take it around the block. He said yes (thanks again mate) and i took things slow around that block, returned and brought the one on the floor, riding it away a few days later.

Goes to show treat the customer with respect and they will stay just that - a customer.
    Last edited by flipperman; 21st June 2014 at 06:53 PM.
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information