Chrome inserts in bumpers
  • Register
  • Help

Chrome inserts in bumpers

I need some help to make my Pug look better.

Advertisement

The chrome/plastic insert in my S1 505 Executive rear bumper is missing. I think it was removed by the car dealer because it was cracked from age and looked bad or something. I've tried to find a 2ndhand one at Pugwreck and French Connection but both said they don't have any since they haven't wrecked any Execs in a long time, and Regans say they don't sell them new as a separate item.

Anyone know where I could try? A similar non-genuine one would be fine, but I don't really want to use those standard aftermarket bumper inserts that are curved. dead

And for all those other S1 505 Exec owners out there, it turns out that Regans can order in brand-new Executive bumpers from France... for the princely sum of $1700. eek! eek!
    I was told they'd got one in for a guy with an Exec after he'd had an accident, and it was all covered by insurance. They couldn't find a 2ndhand one, so that was their last resort.

Cheers,
    Richard

Edit: originally didn't mention I was talking about Series 1 Execs.

<small>[ 22 August 2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: silverexec ]</small>
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm
    I feel extremely lucky I only have the smaller black bumpers, readily available at wreckers!

Jason managed to get a front Executive bumper a month or two ago from a wrecker, although you'll have to ask him how much it was, can't remember.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

I bought the (genuine) plastic chrome covers for the gutters and the plastic chrome that fits around the windscreen for my 505 GTi a while ago. ...I would imagine that you'd be able to get the chrome inserts for the bumper also. I'd give puckwreck a call again and see if they can get them in as new... I bought mine from peugeot spares in brisbane - I can dig up the number if you want.

Meanwhile my car goes into the paint shoppe next week for a respray. Be glad to finally get all those bits and pieces out of my boot!

<small>[ 23 August 2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Liam Wishart ]</small>

nJm
    Can you get those? Would look fantastic. How much, and are they genuine Peugeot stuff, or just bits of metal shaped to fit?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

It's the genuine peugeot stuff. not positive about the price 'cause I've had them for ages, I think it was about $100 per set (ie. $100 for the front and rear windscreen chrome and $100 for both the gutters). Not exactly ultra cheap, but on par with all the other luxo euro stuff i've bought recently.

<small>[ 24 August 2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Liam Wishart ]</small>

$100 per set??? When I bought my Exec, the dealer offered to replace the front windscreen chrome for $150! eek! I didn't get it done, but I was meaning to find out how much it would cost to buy. $100 for both front and rear sounds pretty good. I don't know if it's something that I could replace on my own though, I think you have to remove the glass to take them out??

I'll try calling a few other places around Melbourne for the bumper chrome. I'm hoping I won't have to go to the trouble of getting it from interstate

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Thread Information