Any other Peugeot 2008 owners?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Any other Peugeot 2008 owners?

Just thought I'd say hi and ask the question, are there any other 2008 owner's here?

Advertisement

We bought a November 2013 Plate 2008 Active 1.6L Auto wagon in Spirit Grey. We've now had it for 7 weeks, has just clicked over 1,000km and we're very happy with it. Also, it's our first Peugeot!

Living in Adelaide, we've only seen one other on the road since we picked ours up, so it's a shame Peugeot aren't selling more! In our opinion, it's a great looker, has a great list of standard equipment for a base model, has a smooth ride and has enough space for what we need. Plus, we had a great experience with the dealership!

The other car in the garage is my 2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique dCi wagon and we had been waiting on the release of the Renault Captur, as we'd seen a few in Italy while we were there 9 months ago and really liked the look of them, but seeing it's been delayed yet again to the Australian market, we went to our next choice, the 2008!

We were actually very surprised by the performance of the engine and the 'outdated' 4 speed Auto, which quietly, I don't think the average person would really notice or care that much that it does have the 4 speed auto. Yes, it would've been nice if Peugeot were able to offer a 5 or 6 speed auto, but the current transmission set up, is quiet capable. The glovebox is a bit of a joke and there are no grab handles above the passengers, but apart from those minor things, we're happy.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

My wife and I have done 11,000 kms in 60 days in a 2008 in France and the UK under the Peugeot leasing scheme. We give it back on Friday . It is a 1.6 diesel with the 6-speed electronic transmission (essentially a manual with electronic control of clutch and gearbox). I chose the auto as I figured that as I was driving a LHD drive car for the first time it would give me one less thing to worry about. There is no exact Australian equivalent but it is fairly similar to the Allure.

The performance is great considering we're probably carrying the equivalent of four adults all the time. Fuel consumption has been 4.0-4.5 l/100kms. We have seen very few here, even in France, which I put down to the 2008 being a fairly new model.

I'm not sure if I would buy one as it's probably a bit small for my purposes at home (the new 308 appeals to me more) but for this trip it has been ideal.
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

Thanks for the feedback! Those figures are pretty impressive!

The fuel consumption in ours was a bit all over the place when we first got it, but it's seemed to have settled down now and we're getting very close to the manufacturers claim of 6.5L/100km. Our last trip, we got 6.8L/100km.

By by the response on here though, it looks like the 2008 doesn't have very many fans!
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Thread Information