On car wheel balancing in Sydney?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dhaw
  • 2 Post By con

Thread: On car wheel balancing in Sydney?

Default On car wheel balancing in Sydney?

Anyone know of a good place I can take the GTI6 for on car wheel balancing in Sydney? Current new fronts have been properly balanced with peugeot adaptor but they did not get it spot on.... niggly vibration at hwy cruise speed. And Please, Mr Peugeot when you next retool the factory can we have a center hole wheel?

Advertisement
    Wildebeest likes this.

I wouldn't know if these guys are good, but when I went to PQ automotive, they recommended me the tyre place down their road. And I figured if they do french cars, then they also send a lot of their regulars down there too... If the PQ guys recommend em, then I say they must be good.

I'm planning on getting new wheels for my 206 , a friend recommended Tempe tyres, he always goes there for a wheel job for his audi.. not sure though. Would be keen to see what others recommend here though.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Not many places left in Sydney that do on-car balancing. The place that I have used recently (for two different 505s) and one that produced excellent results is Brooks Tyres at North Parramatta. But you do need to book ahead.

And, I have no affiliation with Brooks other than being a satisfied customer.

con....

Update to thread. PQ don't have a tyre place down the road . They say Beaurepairs at Chatswood. Tempe Tyres can't balance any Peugeot they say. St George Tyres at Arncliffe do on car balancing at $45 per wheel.....erm...nah.... and Brooks At North Para will do on car for $15 per wheel so thats where I will be heading in 2 weeks. Thanks for tips guys!

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dhaw View Post
    Update to thread. PQ don't have a tyre place down the road . They say Beaurepairs at Chatswood. Tempe Tyres can't balance any Peugeot they say. St George Tyres at Arncliffe do on car balancing at $45 per wheel.....erm...nah.... and Brooks At North Para will do on car for $15 per wheel so thats where I will be heading in 2 weeks. Thanks for tips guys!

Can't see how they can charge only $15- and still stay in business.... but good luck.

con....

PS Brooks tyres are the go.. about $20 a wheel.... heading back there this week

EPIC THREAD DREDGE!

I'm struggling to find a place that will fit and balance tyres to the cyclone wheels for my GTi6 - an unexpected annoyance.

Does anyone have a place that is Sydney based that can balance the cyclones? Purchased them just for a change to lightweight citroen "steel" wheels - may have wasted my money!

Check with Bob Jane Granville:-)
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Bob Jane

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    Check with Bob Jane Granville:-)
    Set aside 2 hours for this task.

Watch them like a hawk. After they finish balancing the wheel(s) make sure they start the wheel nut by hand and not with the ratchet gun. And, make sure that they torque to specified tension (check car manual) and not what their ratchet gun is set to.

Finally, immediately check the balance for speeds up 110kph. Be prepared to return at least twice.

con...

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    Set aside 2 hours for this task.

Watch them like a hawk. After they finish balancing the wheel(s) make sure they start the wheel nut by hand and not with the ratchet gun. And, make sure that they torque to specified tension (check car manual) and not what their ratchet gun is set to.

Finally, immediately check the balance for speeds up 110kph. Be prepared to return at least twice.

con...

SO, you don't recommend Bob Jane Granville! (I have never been there).

Are you sure your car does not require front strut ball joints?
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Cool, thanks for the tips. Although not a glowing recommendation but I guess there's not too many options out there! I did speak to one place in artarmon to ditched the equipment for it as it was not worth keeping for 3 cars a year. Can't really argue with that.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    SO, you don't recommend Bob Jane Granville! (I have never been there).

I don't think I said that - just watch them. And, yes I have been there a few times but you know how it is Robert; us retirees have all the time in the world...don't we?

con...
    BIGRR and bahay like this.

Little update, standing in tyrepower artarmon and they found the adaptor plate to balance the cyclone wheels. Extra 15 a wheel, happy with that! Will update to see if they balance them well though

Thread Information