Peugeot 205 GTI values - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 12 First 123456789 ... Last
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Peugeot 205 GTI values

Yes and no. Or perhaps reflects a completely different philosophy, one of people who treat things like things and one of people who think that things beget a part of their user's soul. Or less pretentiously put, some people get used to the known evil and prefer to stay with it.

The first time I set foot in a 205 I knew I wanted one, but the chance only came over 20 years later and the moment I had it, I didn't feel that feeling you have when you chase a dream and then accomplish it and realise it was only a dream and would have been best left a dream. This car is indeed special.

Advertisement
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    ..... Or less pretentiously put, some people get used to the known evil and prefer to stay with it.
    Mate, sounds like a marriage.
    Mi16 Man likes this.
    S3 205 GTI x3
    2013 Fiesta ST
    MK6 GTI Edition 35

Previous: 1988 205 GTI Mi16 Turbo, Mk1Golf, MkV GTI , RCS 172 x2 , 306 S16, VW Bora V6 4motion

1000+ Posts
    jr20516v

Now:
    205 GTi, 205 1.6 GTi under restoration, Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. x2, Colt Ralliart [ highly modded ]

Previous: 205 x27 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

Tadpole
    Mi16 Man likes this.

holly-restored-GTI-batman! assembled using lost of new parts

I remember a restored GTI selling for a bit over GBP20K so this is upping the bar, Ph1.5 -1.6 no PAS it will be interesting to see what they get.

Quote Originally Posted by CEyssens View Post
    it will be interesting to see what they get.
    Of course, it's not a public auction so we'll never know....

Fellow Frogger!

By price alone we are driving classics, trouble is keeping in the good condition they need to be in!

Replating everything is going to be expensive and unnecessary with cleaning and a little antisieze and when the likes of Richard and I are finished they will be a lot more fun! No point in locking these things up they are meant to be enjoyed.
    CEyssens, SilverGTi_6 and Mi16 Man like this.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    Of course, it's not a public auction so we'll never know....
    yes so true, just the old watching how the add goes
    Last edited by CEyssens; 10th August 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Tadpole

These aren't getting any cheaper either!!!

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/c...t-205-T16.html

I am a bit confused. I thought a classic was worth more in original, honest condition. Cars like this grey one have been thoroughly 'cleaned' of their history. The buyer is pretending the car never had minor dings etc
    Obviously having a brand new car is technically brilliant and costs a lot to do but you end up with a girl with too much make up on?

Good point Ash.

I think with a car like the 205 the history can only make it worth so much. If its an original 1 owner car that is in poor condition its only going to fetch so much. Just like a car that been restored (cleaned of its history?) to a better than new spec is also going to sell for good money.

The Classic cars, like the 1FM in the UK will probably hold that "ultimate" collectable tag. Cars like you have would be worth clost to what the UK market are asking IMHO..

Yeah I don't care too much about prices because I don't plan to sell. I just think that a fully resto car, whilst awesome, is a little disingenuous. The Classic that Rich sold is the ideal because it was a natural beauty without a full on makeover.
    I have tried to fix and replace only what's actually needed and kept a few blemishes so you can say 'hey, this car really has nothing to hide, it genuinely is what it is'.
    Having said this, to drive and own a car that is factory new would be freakin great.
    S3 205 GTI x3
    2013 Fiesta ST
    MK6 GTI Edition 35

Previous: 1988 205 GTI Mi16 Turbo, Mk1Golf, MkV GTI , RCS 172 x2 , 306 S16, VW Bora V6 4motion

Agree that a concourse car might be a magnificent show piece but who would want to drive it on the road and get the undertray dirty? A category of judging know as "preservation" is gaining popularity in overseas cars shows, where the cars are judged for their originality rather than spotlessness.
    BIGRR likes this.

1000+ Posts

I agree..... i remember i had a 205 Classic with only 38,000 klms on it ....and it was 8 years old even then..... absolute pristine car it was....so pristine i didnt want to knock up the k's in it !! LOL
    It remained a garage queen so much i ended up selling it. [it was written off a few months later :{
    SilverGTi_6 likes this.
    jr20516v

Now:
    205 GTi, 205 1.6 GTi under restoration, Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. x2, Colt Ralliart [ highly modded ]

Previous: 205 x27 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    I agree..... i remember i had a 205 Classic with only 38,000 klms on it ....and it was 8 years old even then..... absolute pristine car it was....so pristine i didnt want to knock up the k's in it !! LOL
    It remained a garage queen so much i ended up selling it. [it was written off a few months later :{
    JR - This is off topic, but that car wasn't written off. Your old car was Classic No14. You might recall that #14 resurfaced in Shoalhaven back in mid 2014 when it was resold with 102,000km on the clock to 'Rossi' on this forum. We verified the VIN to confirm it was indeed your car. The guy who bought it from you must have just removed the leather interior and swapped it for a green half leather interior - which is why you found your old leather seats in a wreckers yard. The green half leather interior was still in your car when it was sold in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    The Classic that Rich sold is the ideal because it was a natural beauty without a full on makeover.
    Don't remind me. Maybe selling that car wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done...

Having said this, to drive and own a car that is factory new would be freakin great.
    I hope so!

1000+ Posts

You are correct....senior moment on my part. I was getting mixed up with the sorrento green car that was in similar condition...full leather, sunroof etc. i purchased it from a Sydney architect all those years ago and that car gleamed.

Having owned over 25 x 205's in my time the memory gets a little lost trying to recall them all :]
    Mi16 Man likes this.
    jr20516v

Now:

Hard to feel sorry for you mate! If kept I reckon they would have out performed your super, my two have easily!
    S3 205 GTI x3
    2013 Fiesta ST
    MK6 GTI Edition 35

Rich let's make a rule to only buy and not sell, like Sydney real estate. I wish I stil had pig205 too, but then it paved the way for current ones, a bit like you.

1000+ Posts

Pig2 is now for sale i see in Sydney.
    jr20516v

Now:

Default Peugeot 205 GTI values

Rich let's make a rule to only buy and not sell, like Sydney real estate. I wish I stil had pig205 too, but then it paved the way for current ones, a bit like you.
    Sydney real estate is the problem. If I had a house with a double (or triple!) car garage I wouldn't have had to sell the Classic to make room for the new one. We're trying to upgrade house at the moment. The cost of the garage makes the cost of the 205 inside it an irrelevance....

Is it!

I went for a ride in it the other day! Very wuick... Its starts pulling as soon at you hit the throttle.

Is it!

I went for a ride in it the other day! Very wuick... Its starts pulling as soon at you hit the throttle.

That was a short love affair with pig2, will have to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by VC205 View Post
    Agree that a concourse car might be a magnificent show piece but who would want to drive it on the road and get the undertray dirty? A category of judging know as "preservation" is gaining popularity in overseas cars shows, where the cars are judged for their originality rather than spotlessness.
    precisely why i forget that people who never take the little plastic covers off new electronic devices, or those with an almost religious devotion pathetically beg you to not scratch their furniture lest it lose its value, or those that give a damn when an item has a superficial blemish that in no way affects the function of the item in question.

Oh so a violin with a tiny ding needs a discount on it? go ****off and learn music

There's a line that you draw between caring for yours and others' stuff, and overcaring to a point of madness.

Perfect items are as lifeless as they are spotless.
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Quote Originally Posted by lion5 View Post
    precisely why i forget that people who never take the little plastic covers off new electronic devices, or those with an almost religious devotion pathetically beg you to not scratch their furniture lest it lose its value, or those that give a damn when an item has a superficial blemish that in no way affects the function of the item in question.

Oh so a violin with a tiny ding needs a discount on it? go ****off and learn music

There's a line that you draw between caring for yours and others' stuff, and overcaring to a point of madness.

Perfect items are as lifeless as they are spotless.
    Apparently you can keep your remote controls in small ziplock bags to keep them clean ...maybe there's a market for a 205 ziplock bag

Page 5 of 12 First 123456789 ... Last

Thread Information