Peugeot 205 GTI values - Page 30
  • Register
  • Help
Page 30 of 35 First ... 20262728293031323334 ... Last
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Peugeot 205 GTI values

VIP Sponsor

My auto Si is always first away from the lights, The car is ideal for Melbournes terminal traffic jam.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I am a bit of a wuss but going flat out in a OEM, healthy 1.9 is more than enough for me on road, what with all that fantastic 80's collision protection...
    Isis, Berridale and pugmachine like this.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim404 View Post
    Did you do the Mi16 conversion?
    Yes siree !!
    jr20516v

Now:
    205 GTi 1.9, Exige SC [modded], 205 Si.

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    My Miami S3 now has straight bonnet, will get hatch and front valence in the next couple of months. With a respray, how much would it bring? interior is good except for a bit of wear on the front seats, dash panel is uncracked, drives fine.
    How much for a suitable respray?
    Graham,
    Suitable respray.... i guess you are meaning the total car....and not the bonnet and hatch as you mention ?
    Doors and hatch off $4k to $7k
    The above plus all glass out $7k- >>> the sky is the limit pending if its back to metal or painting over a good existing coat [this last one may only last 3yrs before some blemishes occur ]
    Isis likes this.
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

Hi Graham

The Sorrento that I sold a couple of months ago had some rust in the scuttle area (which I disclosed). Were it not for that, I think the car would have sold for around $14k. That was with paint that was good but not perfect, rebuilt motor, beautiful interior and 240k on the clock. Ash's result may have reset value expectations a little, but on the other hand it was only visible on Carsales for a day so most potential purchasers probably never even saw the ad.

If you want really top money I think you need good history, perfect paint, moderate k's, beautiful interior and original, tidy engine bay, and the maintenance items done and mechanically spot on so someone can just get in a drive it.

Given that the cars are now starting to be worth some money, I wouldn't scrimp on the paint job. I would also spend the time and effort to get all your trims spot on.
    Last edited by Richard W; 21st May 2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Isis likes this.

From experience with my blue car, JRs paint estimates are about right. You could pay $3K and get a doors-shut overcoat. The problem is instant disappointment every time you open the doors and see the unsightly jambs. I did all these myself with 2 rattle cans of matched paint and some clear coat. Its just the time it takes to pull everything apart and clean all the hinges etc, which is why it gets expensive, but it is not that difficult.
    T J Dwyer likes this.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Hi guys,
    Couldn't find the 205 register thread so thought I'd post here.
    I'm the lucky guy who managed to pick up Isis' Sorrento Green a few weeks ago. Although the price was a bit on the high side, once I saw the car in flesh, wasnt too keen on wrangling for the last dollar.
    Happy to report that she stays in Victoria, although you will not see her out too often, she's that good. Odd club days and the French car day ... but only if the sun is out.
    She will stay untouched, just as she is, and will be growing old next to what will hopefully soon be a track prepped 306 Gti6.

1000+ Posts

Well done Vlad....that is one nice car :}
    Vlad likes this.
    jr20516v

Now:

she sure is! was so excited didn't even take a picture... just jumped in and drove it
    CEyssens and Wildy55 like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Excellent! How does it drive?

Amazingly! I've not driven one out of a showroom, but this one feels silky smooth... super strong engine, gearshift from a different world... just magic!

Just for background, the gearshift will be familiar to some of you:

Full baker BM rod kit, bronze gearstick bushes to reduce play and then a 10mm removed from the short arm of the L bracket. This is about as modded as the car gets. I am about to buy some more such gear for my other cars - damn that exchange rate!
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

I was going to comment, that didn't sound like a normal 205 gearchange!
    Vlad likes this.

1000+ Posts

Full baker BM rod kit, bronze gearstick bushes to reduce play and then a 10mm removed from the short arm of the L bracket. This is about as modded as the car gets. I am about to buy some more such gear for my other cars - damn that exchange rate!
    Sounds like a very worthwhile mod. For those not familiar with it, like me, what kind of $ involved.. is it a simple DIY thing or require special tools

Quote Originally Posted by graham66 View Post
    Sounds like a very worthwhile mod. For those not familiar with it, like me, what kind of $ involved.. is it a simple DIY thing or require special tools
    about $100 and patient DIY if you have a welder.
    graham66 likes this.
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Fellow Frogger!

Awesome. The mods to the shifting are very worthwhile. I had a gti6 with similar setup and the shifting was great.
    pugmachine likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

So this cut/shut is just a cheaper fixed version of the Baker adjustable arm kit.

Fellow Frogger!

OK another UK minter up for sale.

This time a very early Series 1/Phase 1 so it is very much the same as our Series 1 apart from the engine.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263713649874?ul_noapp=true

Check out the glovebox and weep. [ Although its not shutting tightly :-]
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/f1cKAfLnyQ5sdLb13

Peugeot 205 GTI values-dsc033051.jpg

about $100 and patient DIY if you have a welder.

Or even cheaper if you give up the factory balljoints and go proper balljoints. All you have to do then is drill another hole where you want it, buy a proper balljoint from a bearing shop or similar and replace the cup on the shift rod with the balljoint. Done for about 10$.

I replaced all the joints in the entire shifting mechanism on my car and without any other modification the difference is like day and night. There is absolutely no slop and there is no need to shorten the crank arm. All up about 40$ in balljoints.
    Wildy55 likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

This is useful advice but I far prefer a shorter throw as given by shortening the arm. Also, the BakerBM rods are significantly heavier than OEM so there is more mass and positivity in the shorter change.
    FIVEDOOR likes this.
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

This is useful advice but I far prefer a shorter throw as given by shortening the arm. Also, the BakerBM rods are significantly heavier than OEM so there is more mass and positivity in the shorter change.
    Thank you, that little detail of information is useful to me.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

My 205 has cut and shut lever arm. I use the standard linkages and always have.

During motorkhanas (For over 15years now!) lightning changes from 1st to reverse and back are required. I have never had any problems so far and can't understand why these race type rose joints are required?

Good Luck
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    My 205 has cut and shut lever arm. I use the standard linkages and always have.

During motorkhanas (For over 15years now!) lightning changes from 1st to reverse and back are required. I have never had any problems so far and can't understand why these race type rose joints are required?

Good Luck
    Because they don't have slop. You are right, one could buy new factory parts, but they are more expensive for us here than going rose joints. Rose joints however will outlast the car unlike the factory joints.

My car had the plastic cups inside the joints so sloppy you could pop the joints in and out with no effort. Maybe all the oil and other petroleum products had attacked the plastic too, so why not use something that is impervious to any of that and cheaper to boot?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Two new listings for 205GTI's on line (I think the only GTI's for sale at the moment)

White S1 in QLD $7,995
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/palm...-km/1187212224

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White S1 GTI QLD.JPG 
Views:	683 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	106886

Red S2 in NSW $13,500 2L 8V Turbo
    https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-5496045/?Cr=0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red S2 GTI NSW 8V Turbo.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	106885
    Last edited by CEyssens; 19th June 2018 at 01:47 PM.

1000+ Posts

The red one is one of my previous projects and is a hoot to drive. It is definately not a series 3 as it says :}
    gezza likes this.
    jr20516v

Now:

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    The red one is one of my previous projects and is a hoot to drive. It is definately not a series 3 as it says :}
    I thought so, was this for sale last year also? I wasn't sure S2 or S3 but figures as the interior is more grey than dark grey/black

Page 30 of 35 First ... 20262728293031323334 ... Last

Thread Information