Peugeot 205 GTI values - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 12 First 123456 ... Last
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Peugeot 205 GTI values

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    I found three notes asking to sell it in my wipers over the time I had it (about 4 years) and mine doesn't even look that pretty.
    I've had a note under the wiper and a copper once asked if I wanted to sell when I was filling up at a servo.

Advertisement

There's also three wanted ads up right now. Two on here and one on Gumtree.
    White 1989 205 Gti-RS.
    Sorrento 1993 205 Gti.

Quote Originally Posted by craigos View Post
    a copper once asked if I wanted to sell.......
    I wish cops asked me questions like that instead of the stupid ones they do ask.

Jo
    lion5 likes this.

I did not expect him to say that as he eyeballed me from across the driveway and then slowly crawled over in his unmarked vehicle either. I was looking up at the clouds whistling a tune and trying not to make eye contact but he still rolled down the window and started talking to me.
    White 1989 205 Gti-RS.
    Sorrento 1993 205 Gti.

thats classic.

Must admit that every time I've been pulled over, the officers are professional and good to have a chat too. Waiting for the day one tells me he has one hes restoring.
    Addicted to PEUGEOTS and twisty roads.
    205 GTI s1,2,3, Mi16 s1,2, 505 Exec

Also, the 205 has been getting a fair bit of decent press through Wheels et al which is probably driving interest (and prices) upwards...

Will we see the "Great 205 Recession" of 2015?
    2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I've just dived back into the 205GTi pool by acquiring a pristine 1990 S1.5, white with only 148,000 km on the clock, but I did pay a fair price for it, recognizing it as a good car having done a little work on it over the years. The previous owner even kept nitrogen in the tyres! Apart from a Remus exhaust and Koni adjustables it is stock, so I believe it is worth redoing the front seats and stripping the rear beam for checking, despite its apparent tautness. Ultimately I expect to make a modest profit.

Regrettably I am torn between my attraction to Mitsubishi VR4s and GTOs ( I have 2 and 1 respectively) of the same generation and the Pug, so my declining energies are split between them. As a daily driver, I will take the VR4, with its lounge comfort, AWD and climate control. Away from home, from Braidwood to Batemans Bay the Pug is king, but uphill from Batemans Bay to Braidwood, particularly if it is damp, the GTO is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by monteman View Post
    I've just dived back into the 205GTi pool by acquiring a pristine 1990 S1.5, white with only 148,000 km on the clock, but I did pay a fair price for it, recognizing it as a good car having done a little work on it over the years. The previous owner even kept nitrogen in the tyres! Apart from a Remus exhaust and Koni adjustables it is stock, so I believe it is worth redoing the front seats and stripping the rear beam for checking, despite its apparent tautness. Ultimately I expect to make a modest profit.

Regrettably I am torn between my attraction to Mitsubishi VR4s and GTOs ( I have 2 and 1 respectively) of the same generation and the Pug, so my declining energies are split between them. As a daily driver, I will take the VR4, with its lounge comfort, AWD and climate control. Away from home, from Braidwood to Batemans Bay the Pug is king, but uphill from Batemans Bay to Braidwood, particularly if it is damp, the GTO is brilliant.
    Put some decent tires on that Pug and you might change your mind.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Only driven 1 205 GTI ... It was standard and in good condition apparently .... It easy also for sale at the time and I was looking to add to the garage .... I'd driven my S16 from the bay to canberra for the test drive.
    I was underwhelmed to say the least... Noisy, heavy and obviously slower.... I'm sure the gokart handling was there but I have a gokart already ...
    Ive kept the S16 with its great engine, comparable chassis balance, better brakes, climate control, power steering, ease of getting parts and ultimately rarer status....
    From Batemans bay to canberra anything with 4wd and a turbo is king... You can't compete with the torque delivery for those uphill climbs.... The curse of the rev friendly NA 4 cyl...

If you did find a minter to mothball for 10 years, how would you set up the car?Remove wheels etc? Would all the rubbers etc disintegrate without use?

And any actual figures on recent sales inc overall condition of the car?

I had a young guy about my age (21) take a photo of mine today while I was driving - proves there are still some younger people like myself who appreciate these things. I also occasionally get people catching up to me and giving me the thumbs up.

I choose to keep my gti as original as I can in the hope that it does fetch a higher price when I eventually decide to sell it, but despite burning a larger hole in my pocket I'm gonna try hold onto it for as long as I can. At the end of the day it is such an enjoyable thing to have!

Well, I enquired about the Silver 205 in SA last week...

Was gone within 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Well, I enquired about the Silver 205 in SA last week...

Was gone within 24 hours
    Interesting. Maybe values are firming. The SA car looked lovely, but after spending $10k for that car there would still be money to be spent - the A/C doesn't work, it had a phase 2 grey dash in a phase 3 car (a BIG pain to fix if you are fussy), the timing belt was due, and there was no mention of the rear beam having been done.

I paid $9.5k for mine 18 months ago. It was one of the last 2 ever sold in Australia, only 84k on the clock, one owner from 1995 to when I bought it and, apart from evidence that it's had a scrape down the passenger side at some stage, extremely original. I've since spent more than that again to bring it back to perfect - respraying a couple of sections of paint that were chipped or starting to lift, new bumper, rear beam and all suspension bushes etc re-done with Peugeot original parts, timing belt and water pump done, recommissioning the A/C, chasing various little bits of trim that weren't perfect, fixing brakes that had sat unused for several years etc etc. Gezza's offer of up to $18k for a top car is the closest I've seen to a prospect of getting most of my money back. I did think about it for a sec, but haven't picked up the phone....

Nope - was the S2...

Fs: 205 gti s2 1988

That little silver one looked like a honest project for someone...wonder what it sold for.

Rear beams and cam belt service always worth it if you are going to do it right. Two jobs well worth learning how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Nope - was the S2...

Fs: 205 gti s2 1988
    Ahh - Well I'm going to guess that, if it is otherwise as nice as it looks, the s3 should go for something starting with an 8. That would give you room to get A/C fixed, do timing belt, source a dash the right colour and maybe a do couple of other odds and ends and have a really nice, sorted s3 for about $12k - which I think is about the right money. I think it would be worth buying because really good S3s (or any good 205) are just so difficult to find - the people like me who have spent the money to get the car in really top condition just won't sell them because it's not worth it.

My perception is that s1 and s2 cars are playing in a slightly different market. At the moment you'll never get more than $7k for a really top s1 or s2 (Dave T's car ( 1990 205 GTi with 137,500k's for sale ) was the best s2 that I can remember being advertised for a long time and it was about that money).
    Last edited by Richard W; 28th February 2014 at 11:00 AM.

that grey s3 in adelaide looks nice hey, looks like it has been loved and some money put into it.

Default Wow!

Peugeot 205 GTI values-26022014.jpg

The best 205 I have seen since the one I sold in 1999 and the same colour! (The green one)

$18000 might get you half of it!
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    $18000 might get you half of it!
    Which I suppose goes to my point that we therefore don't expect to see it on the market any time soon!

Perhaps appropriate value for a well sorted 16V could be a separate topic. I think it should be significantly higher than an equivalent condition car in standard spec, but many others seem to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    people are quite picky even at scrap prices. Must be all those free cars they got over the years.
    This.

[QUOTE - proves there are still some younger people like myself who appreciate these things. I also occasionally get people catching up to me and giving me the thumbs up
    [/QUOTE]

im 17 turning 18 and I cop so much crap from others my age for owning a Peugeot. that is until the get a ride and 9/10 time they change their mind and walk away with a pale face. I get pulled over more than P plater commodores. I don't drive like an idiot, they must be curious more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    Perhaps appropriate value for a well sorted 16V could be a separate topic. I think it should be significantly higher than an equivalent condition car in standard spec, but many others seem to disagree
    No, I believe a well presented, low km original car is always going to pull top dollar, regardless of the marque or model.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Totally agree, as someone who follows classic car values in particular an original car is always the most sought after even in racecars.

Maybe it's just a matter of time

the rarer it gets the more its value will climb.
    e.g : New & Used Mazda RX-3 cars - Find Mazda RX-3 cars for sale - carsales.com.au

also this quattro has been sitting here for a while now, it was at $37,000 last time i checked, now its at $35,000.. maybe he's asking too much
    1983 Audi quattro quattro

I'm always keeping an eye out for a relatively cheap 205 in my area that needs work, heck or even importing a Clio W one day when i can afford to

What's a Clio W ?

Page 2 of 12 First 123456 ... Last

Thread Information