Distributor Cap for the 405 Mi16
  • Register
  • Help

Default Distributor Cap for the 405 Mi16

When i bought my Mi16 in november my mate said he would replace the distributor cap, as the pins had started to wear down, and to be on the safe side he would replace it..

Got on the phone to my who works at repco, he looks up in his trusty little Bosch book, and it says which cap is needed.. It comes in, i was about to pick it up, and asked me to have a look at the one on mine before we open it just in case... Well works out my cap is different.

Advertisement

After all this time, hadn't got around to doing anything about it.. Was in the shop today, we look in the trusty Bosch book again, to try and figure this out.. So i go out to the car pop the boot to find out what is on there again..

Turns out i have the Standard 405 distributor cap on there... (Ducelli) instead of the Bosch.. I would just like to ask other owners if there Mi16 has either the Bosch or the Ducelli. I'm interested to know wether in a past service an old owner has gon the cheap way out... Which now means if i want to go back to the Bosch, i have to change a few things.. Seeing as the Ducelli is a bolt on piece, while the Bosch clips on!!

THE MAD PUGGA

1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mi16
    When i bought my Mi16 in november my mate said he would replace the distributor cap, as the pins had started to wear down, and to be on the safe side he would replace it..

Got on the phone to my who works at repco, he looks up in his trusty little Bosch book, and it says which cap is needed.. It comes in, i was about to pick it up, and asked me to have a look at the one on mine before we open it just in case... Well works out my cap is different.

After all this time, hadn't got around to doing anything about it.. Was in the shop today, we look in the trusty Bosch book again, to try and figure this out.. So i go out to the car pop the boot to find out what is on there again..

Turns out i have the Standard 405 distributor cap on there... (Ducelli) instead of the Bosch.. I would just like to ask other owners if there Mi16 has either the Bosch or the Ducelli. I'm interested to know wether in a past service an old owner has gon the cheap way out... Which now means if i want to go back to the Bosch, i have to change a few things.. Seeing as the Ducelli is a bolt on piece, while the Bosch clips on!!

Mine is a Ducelli. All the Mi16's I've seen have been a bolt on Ducelli. Someone has done some weird mods if you've got a clip-on.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thanks for replying Peter,
    I have a Ducelli, but in the Bosch Book It said the 405 Mi16 Should have a Bosch, while the 405 has the Ducelli..

Just wanted to check if something had been changed.. Looks like it's not the case..
    THE MAD PUGGA

1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

Thread Information