More Power for 206GTi
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 More Power for 206GTi

I was thinking about installing a powerchip into my 206GTi. Any ideas about it? anyone know other ways of boosting power without costing a fortune?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiablo206
    I was thinking about installing a powerchip into my 206GTi. Any ideas about it? anyone know other ways of boosting power without costing a fortune?
    Check out some of the OLD threads..

PS. It's a chip but there is not alot of power....

Welcome..

Tadpole

Thanks, I sigend up today. I found Aussie Frogs while looking for some info on the 206.
    I bought my 206GTi last year and love it. Its good to see so many people enjoy pugs as well and good on Aussie Frogs for this excellent site. You'll be seeing a lot more of me

Good set of extractors and a god tune-up with top shelf components do wonders for a 206gti, but the best mod my mate did was to rid the rear seats and spare tyre saved 35 Kg and the some..... made the car noticably more spirited..-chris

ps- as J4rs has suggested a chip is just that, don't confuse it with a piggy back ECU or even better a fully progamable ECU.. see ECU thread.
    ... ptui!

XTC

Chips are around $900-$1000, and the jury is out on their effectiveness. Might be better to spend a little bit of money on making the car stop and corner better first (not that it's bad in these areas but there os always room for improvement).

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Good set of extractors and a god tune-up with top shelf components do wonders for a 206gti, but the best mod my mate did was to rid the rear seats and spare tyre saved 35 Kg and the some..... made the car noticably more spirited..-chris

ps- as J4rs has suggested a chip is just that, don't confuse it with a piggy back ECU or even better a fully progamable ECU.. see ECU thread.
    I wonder if you can get the extractors from the gti180 engine as spare parts from the dealer ... would bolt straight on and looks a treat

luan
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Quote Originally Posted by lucin
    I wonder if you can get the extractors from the gti180 engine as spare parts from the dealer ... would bolt straight on and looks a treat

luan
    Checked it out... good move.. Not sure you guy's would go for the price judging by the way my CHEAP GTi6 parts went....

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiablo206
    Remove the spare tyre, back seats, parcel shelf and carpet. Cost $0.

If you're still not happy, trade in your alloys on some steel wheels. That's probably $500 back to you!

There was a very good URL along these lines posted somewhere on this forum. I'll see if I can dig it up.
    Last edited by PeterT; 19th January 2004 at 09:55 PM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    Remove the spare tyre, back seats, parcel shelf and carpet. Cost $0.

If you're still not happy, trade in your alloys on some steel wheels. That's probably $500 back to you!

There was a very good URL along these lines posted somewhere on this forum. I'll see if I can dig it up.
    Peter, I believe this is what you're talking about. Been posted a couple of times before. Still makes me laugh.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by LookingforMi16
    Peter, I believe this is what you're talking about. Been posted a couple of times before. Still makes me laugh.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

That was hilarious I get it the idea is to do a Jenny Craig on the car and the she'll fly . Although I know that once I rip it up, there's no chance I'll be able to put it back.

cheers
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by J4RS
    Checked it out... good move.. Not sure you guy's would go for the price judging by the way my CHEAP GTi6 parts went....

I was at the dealer at just happened to ask how much for one of these ... just over $2K You can buy a lot of cookies with that.

Oh, and the gti180 run different dampers to the standard gti, so since i've got eibach lowered front springs (-30mm vs -20mm on the gti180) i think this is what i'll get next. no need to get konis?

Luan
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Thread Information