After-market remote central locking
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default After-market remote central locking

Just had remote after market remote central locking kits fitted to both the 1994 306 XR and the 85 505 STI. I'm very pleased with the results. The kits cost $16.00 including postage from China, and seem to be quite robust. I got the local auto electrician to fit them for me and they only charged 3/4 hour per car to fit, AND they picked up and delivered the cars as well. I am a regular customer, so I get good service. For anyone with electrical expertise, fitting this would be a breeze.

The kits are an improvement on the original 306 remotes as they have a radio transponder rather than IR, so one can lock/unlock without having to aim it. The 505 was easier to do than the 306, according to the technician.

If anyone is considering adding this feature, I recommend it. Nice to see the lights flash when the doors lock/unlock too!

Advertisement

One of the reasons for doing the 505 was that someone had tried (and failed) to break into the car and wrecked the driver's side door lock. I can now fit a blank plate over the lock (they're availabe on Ebay UK). Same thing had happened to the 306 berfore I bought it - LHS this time.

CAR Remote Control Central Door Lock KIT Locking Keyless Entry System EN24H | eBay
    Last edited by pugnut1; 8th December 2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: More information
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

Thread Information