anyone got a spare broken 206 radiator?
  • Register
  • Help

Default anyone got a spare broken 206 radiator?

and

Hi guys

Just what i need, was working on something else and now i have a new problem to address.

Valeo OEM crap.... it snapped as i was sliding it out. So i just took out the whole radiator inlet head part out. The rest of the radiator is out so i'm thinking i could just get a broken one (already tried gumtree 2 guys i called said their top part is broken so thats no help). I might drill a new hole in the top, feed the rest of the broken hose end and use some glue which im researching atm that won't be eaten by coolant. I don't really want to fork out another $200+ on a part of mine that works perfectly.

Would anyone have any? Or has anyone used those full aluminium radiators that are selling on ebay - thoughts on them - gimmicks or decent?

Advertisement

I'm going to say "good luck".

My observations are that radiator tank plastic fails from the inside out in many cases; this will limit any success in obtaining a long term repair (and personally, there is little more stressful to me in driving through a Sydney summer than wondering if your radiator will spring a massive leak).

Presumably 206 radiators vary by engine type - which is yours - EW10J4?

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    I'm going to say "good luck".

My observations are that radiator tank plastic fails from the inside out in many cases; this will limit any success in obtaining a long term repair (and personally, there is little more stressful to me in driving through a Sydney summer than wondering if your radiator will spring a massive leak).

Presumably 206 radiators vary by engine type - which is yours - EW10J4?

Yeah, it was too risky. I have an EW10J4, the only variation is that some 206s have a heat exchanger for the oil as well, and that's the only difference, the CC, GTi, and 180 all have that type, the rest just a barebones sort of cooling system.

I ended up buying a new one because it was impossible. the eurocarparts in villawood wanted $220 for a used radiator - they're kidding themselves.

if you wanted to design a thing that would break you'd design it that way. The out-pipe had no structural support whatsoever. I console myself in that i'm glad it didnt happen while driving.

I think you've done the sensible thing. Keep an eye on your coolant, it can be hard to bleed them up fully the first time if you're not kitted out with one of the screw-on funnels.

ok so they've definitely fixed the design with the new radiator. That was pretty easy to bleed, i bought 6L of Procor TM108 p/n 9735.K1 coolant from PeterWarren, only parts guys that are open on the bloody weekend.

This is the main change, little module plug that plugs into the outpipe hose from one end, and into a larger hole in the radiator hose outlet on the other.

And then in =] there's no chance for breaking anything cause a little clip holds both these two in place. You are stuffed if that little clip breaks though

then final clip to hold both in place

little trapezial shape clip

now its back to the fkn oil leak that i gotta find

Thread Information