location of relay for rear electric windows on 96 306 Peugeot
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default location of relay for rear electric windows on 96 306 Peugeot

As the title suggests I am having trouble with the rear electric windows on the 306 and it appears no power is getting there .The fuses are good so am suspecting relay and of course dont know where it lives or what colour it is.The other question I need answered is whether a later xsi(about 98) has the same window motor as the 96.....yes you guessed the front passenger window doesnt work either.Any information or relevant ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

The motor will be the same, but the winder assembly is probably different as will be the wiring connections. It's a lot of mucking around to convert.

Not sure about the relay.

Wiring to the window motors is two cables, and the switch simply sends a signal which operates/ reverses the motor. Doing a test often seems to indicate no power ( at least to a novice like me).

Have you confirmed that the switches are working? They often need to be pulled apart and the contacts cleaned. The driver's side switch is usually different being an auto switch and can't be used to test the others, though. It may be best to get another working switch to check to see if that's the problem. I keep a couple of spares for that purpose as we have 4 306s in the family.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

I can't help you with the relay. But as for the front window reg if you swap the glass over with it it will work. The only difference is the clip where it holds to the glass.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks cav91 and pugnut1 for your help.I opened up the essentially non serviceable motor and fabricated new brushes from a couple of larger spare bits off something else.....and got the motor running forward and reverse....and it runs nicely until I push the motor body completely home at which point it grinds to a halt....as has the job until I get back to it.I have the complete door with everything on it from a later xsi but there are more wires going in and the push connector is different..,from the 96 model to the 99. I also now know that the rear window relay is bright green and located close to the fuse box RHS under dash. Again guys thanks for your interest and help.

Fellow Frogger!

Just to round off this thread the info offered was on the money in the sense that a later motor and lifter does the job .The main difference is in the plastic clip that holds the glass.The electrical connection to connect and operate motor must be taken from new motor and spliced on in place of original.Still have problem with both rear windows not getting power.....looked at and replaced green relays close to fuse box....and will look at green relay behind hand brake....has anyone else had this problem?

Thread Information