405 SRDT converting from Lucas CAV Delphi IP to Bosch wiring changes?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 SRDT converting from Lucas CAV Delphi IP to Bosch wiring changes?

Well I've managed to get all the hardware changed over, however the wiring in the donor car (bosch IP) had 4 wires going into the 3 pin(socket) plug. My car has 3 wires to the 3 pin plug and another wire which also went to the Lucas/CAV/Delphi Injector pump.

Im going through the labourious process of bleeding and trying to get the car started and I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a need to change the wiring. The Haynes manual may as well be written for a 1926 Hupmobile for all the good it is when it comes to stuff like this. There is no diagram that refers to the IP..

I've done a search but to no avail, I may not be using the right search terms.

Advertisement

Can anyone help or reassure me about what needs to be done?

Tadpole

Well I found my answer (expensively) after an under bonnet electrical fire. Yes Virginia the wiring is different between Lucas CAV Delphi IP's and Bosch ones.
    After retrieving the motor harness from the donor car(at the wreckers) and inspecting and retaping it. It became obvious, the Lucas IP has a switch for the EGR and the Bosch (at least the one I have) doesn't. While the plugs/sockets are the same the pinouts are different.

If I had more time at my disposal I would of documented fully and presented the info here. As it is, its because of my necessary haste that I caused myself the fire...Just for reference though my car is a late 96 build 97 complianced SRDT estate, the donor car is a late 94 SRDT sedan, that car doesn't have an EGR setup, mine does. The Haynes manual is seriously deficient in the wiring diagram as it doesn't reference the harness connectors/ interconnectors and only vaguely mentions the shutoff solenoid, not the idle advance or the EGR.
    Very frustrated at the lack of available information, its almost as if these cars didn't exist, even more frustrating that the Haynes manual seemed to copypasta irrelevant diagrams from the Petrol manual.

1000+ Posts

iv been in sydney.Had a look at the wiring in my 95 diesel wagon ,this arv as im now home ,just two wires to the pump to run the solinoid valve ,im thinking a negative /earth and ignition ,have you changed the injectors, i read somewhere they are different for the lucas ,ps im chasing a rear left hand door for my wagon in white if possible ,im presuming there different to a sedan .pugs

Tadpole

The IP wiring to the Bosch pump has 2 lots of 12V+ one to the fuel solenoid the other to the other solenoid. The fuel solenoid has 2 wires connected in parallel this is replicated in the loom. The CAV has one 12V+ to the fuel solenoid(opposite pin to the one on the Bosch) and 2 pins which deal with the EGR valve (this is what caused me my grief).

Would appear the wagons are somewhat rare, the only way to tell if the sedan door would fit is to measure it up or try to fit it. Renoreck has a white srdt in stock, lhs doors are ok.

Thread Information