02 406 - wanted wiring diagram for ignition switch
  • Register
  • Help

Default 02 406 - wanted wiring diagram for ignition switch

Apologies for my desperate emails! Was heading north to Roxby downs to do some volunteer work tomorrow and the ignition switch has jammed on the 406 HDI, It is jammed in the on position so car drives fine, but I can't start it or turn it off. If i am forced to wait around until Monday it will stuff things up so trying to give it my best shot to sort out. I was able to get the ignition switch out and part the plastic switch bit off the back, so I know there is no risk now of steering lock coming on. I need to replace this part so my thinking was to cut a power wire to the switch and instal a straight inline switch there so i can turn it off and not drain the battery. Then i just need to bridge to the starter wire and I have a push type switch i can fit for that. I have a haynes manual but to me it is pretty much useless with different ignition switch wiring diagrams for all the different circuits and the codes like numbers on wires have no key as to colour etc.

Advertisement

Is anyone familiar with this wiring or have a wiring diagram that shows the switch and wires with colours? I am sure i can work it out with a multimeter but any help appreciated. Time to get some sleep now and will hopefully get sorted in the morning - so please excuse the fishing expedition for info in this post!

Tadpole

Have you checked Peugeot servicebox? Hopefully the wiring diagram should be there. Otherwise tell me your VIN and I'll search it for you
    '00 Peugeot 406 Coupe 3.0 (ES9J4S)

Thanks for the offer and will check out servicebox first.

Car made it there and back, albeit with the ignition switch wiring hanging out and me stalling it and them bridging to the blue wire to start. And you can't knock average fuel economy for the trip of 5.8l/100 all loaded up - but then the a/c didn't work the whole way including 38 degree days! Will post in the ignition switch thread i started how i fixed it and my new problem.

Thread Information