407 Bluetooth addition
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Icon7 407 Bluetooth addition

Hi, has anybody fitted a bluetooth kit to a 407? There is a bluetooth kit, including harness etc supplied by Peugeot which I will look into. Perhaps an after market kit might also be just as good?

Ideally, a kit that communicates with the vehicles audio system would be preferable.

Cheers,

K.

Advertisement

Hi K
    I looked at this for my 407 and decided it was too much trouble and bought a TomTom GPS and use the Bluetooth on that it costs less than getting the radio reprogrammed
    Cheers Ian
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that.

If you buy the harness, Parrot receiver etc via Peugeot, it all communicates nicely with the 407 JBL unit. However, it is many $$$ & the parts are on back order from France.

I have discovered a better solution is the latest Blue Ant kit, which has a neat fitting onto your sun visor with an included speaker, voice programming etc. All for about $130 from Harvey Norman etc.

Cheers,

K

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by KIMDEB View Post
    Thanks for that.

If you buy the harness, Parrot receiver etc via Peugeot, it all communicates nicely with the 407 JBL unit. However, it is many $$$ & the parts are on back order from France.

I have discovered a better solution is the latest Blue Ant kit, which has a neat fitting onto your sun visor with an included speaker, voice programming etc. All for about $130 from Harvey Norman etc.

Cheers,

K
    I think Mrs UFO bought that same model from Deal of the Day (or whatever) today for about $70.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Hi, has anybody fitted a bluetooth kit to a 407? There is a bluetooth kit, including harness etc supplied by Peugeot which I will look into. Perhaps an after market kit might also be just as good?

Ideally, a kit that communicates with the vehicles audio system would be preferable.

Cheers,

K.

This is a genuine kit:

Genuine Citroen Peugeot Bluetooth C2 C3 C4 C5 307 308 206 207 208 | Audio, GPS, & Car Alarms | Gumtree Australia Lane Cove Area - Lane Cove | 1010465047

Otherwise buy a bluetooth equipped car tuner - I have a Panasonic in one and a Kenwood in the other 505 and they both work well.

con...

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    This is a genuine kit:

Genuine Citroen Peugeot Bluetooth C2 C3 C4 C5 307 308 206 207 208 | Audio, GPS, & Car Alarms | Gumtree Australia Lane Cove Area - Lane Cove | 1010465047

Otherwise buy a bluetooth equipped car tuner - I have a Panasonic in one and a Kenwood in the other 505 and they both work well.

con...
    The trouble is if you have a CD stacker the input port is unavailable for these kits, unless you do away with stacker. Then again, if your an audiophile, sound quality rules above all else and iPods etc are yet to match CD's

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Cheers,

K.
    This probably sounds a dumb question, have you checked that your 407 does not have bluetooth? My 407 coupe was not supposed to have blutooth, though I found when I checked that it did, and my phone has always worked through it.

Good Luck.
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    This probably sounds a dumb question, have you checked that your 407 does not have bluetooth? My 407 coupe was not supposed to have blutooth, though I found when I checked that it did, and my phone has always worked through it.

Good Luck.
    But can you play your iPod through your 407 coupe? My C4 can only access my phone. It's a shame PSA didn't include an extra aux input on all these models.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

How do you tell?
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

1000+ Posts

On the multifunction display, get it enabled, fit module and if its like mine the wiring looms are already fitted. Add Nomad module, micriphone and enable the RD4 stereo. I am mid way through this, found the looms are there so buying microphone for head unit mount, I expect wiring to be there, its is all there at the back of the stereo.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Fellow Frogger!

I installed and use a Parrot MKI9100 in my 407. It is plug and play with the added bonus of bluetooth audio streaming.

Thread Information