2010 308 XSE HDi that doesn't have climate control?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2010 308 XSE HDi that doesn't have climate control?

Hi all first time poster and hopefully soon to be Peugeot 308 owner here

We are looking at 2008+ model XSE/XTE turbo petrol and diesel options with auto gearbox (it's a commute/run around car for the wife so no manual). Have been seeing mostly 2008 models with sub 50k km in our price range ($15k) but I encountered a strange variant today - it was a 2010 model XSE HDi that DIDNT have dual zone climate control, it just had the normal manual A/C?

Advertisement

Everything I could find online seems to say that the dual zone climate control is standard on XSE spec for both the petrol and diesel models? All of the 2008 and 2009 models ive seen so far have had it, but this is the only 2010 model I have looked at. This particular car has 16" alloys, the 2.0L diesel with 6spd auto etc, so im pretty sure it IS an XSE HDi and not just a base XS HDi (as these have smaller capacity diesel and 15" wheels and only come in manual, as far as i know).

So what gives? Did Peugeot not have dual zone climate control as standard in 2010 but did earlier? Was it actually not standard but just the majority of XSE they brought to Australia had it anyway?

I put the VIN in Service Box website which does confirm, "SINGLE AIR CONDITIONING" against REFRIGERATION as opposed to "AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING" which I get from the VIN of another 2010 XSE HDi I found online which the pictures showed to have dual zone climate.

I guess I was just interested more than anything else. If there is an official rundown of the inclusions in the spec levels for each year model please point me in the right direction, my google fu has not been succesful in finding a definitive answer particularly for the australian market

Cheers

Welcome to Aussiefrogs.

The car could be a "special edition" where they upgrade various bits of a lower model. There was a model change early in 2011 which is usually when they happen. The current "special edition" is leather seats on the Active grade.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Tadpole

Hmm ok so you think it could be a base XS HDi but with 2L diesel, auto box and 16" rims? Sounds like an unlikely special since it's a whole powertrain upgrade?

Any official way to tell if a car is an XS or XSE? I couldn't see anything in service box that seemed to indicate it. I can post the VIN if it helps

Tadpole

VIN is VF34CRHRJAS066474 if it helps

I'm not entirely sure but you may have stumbled across a Sportium model. Not sure if these had the dual zone climate or not.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Good theory but every 2010 sportium i can see on carsales, both petrol and HDi, pictures show the dual zone climate control.

So weird!!!

Tadpole

Hmm, looking at some base model 2010 XS HDi, there are some with 16" wheels and the 2.0L Diesel, so I guess it's a simple case of them upping the base XS spec between 2008 and 2010 to include the bigger engine and wheels. So the 2010 example I found, the dealer is listing it as XSE HDi when it's actually likely it's an XS HDi

We had a XS Hdi and there was an identical one on the fleet at work. There was 3 months difference between the build dates. There were a number of major differences, including the dashboard design and air conditioning controls. They were both manufactured prior to the MY12 upgrade - no wonder Pug dealers want the VIN before they will order anything for the cars.

I wouldn't claim categorically it was an XS or XSE based on the air conditioning fitted.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow420 View Post
    Hmm, looking at some base model 2010 XS HDi, there are some with 16" wheels and the 2.0L Diesel, so I guess it's a simple case of them upping the base XS spec between 2008 and 2010 to include the bigger engine and wheels. So the 2010 example I found, the dealer is listing it as XSE HDi when it's actually likely it's an XS HDi
    I have a 2010 308 hatch brochure but not the wagon (for some reason). This brochure clearly shows you can only get the XS trim spec in a 1.6 HDi, not a 2.0. It also shows that dual zone cc is standard on both XSE and XTE, but optional on the XS.

According to Redbook, you could get a 308 Touring in XS spec and a 2.0 litre HDi - but not the hatch.

It's a mystery.

You haven't actually mentioned whether it's a hatch or a wagon, AFAIK.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information