307 Wheel Align
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 307 Wheel Align

Tadpole

Default 307 Wheel Align

Hi
    I have just bought a 2007 307 HDI and it pull to the left.
    The wheel alignment has been done twice and made no difference.
    Is there a caster kit etc to fix this.
    Pete

Advertisement

Try swapping tyres front to back.
    If wheel alignment is correct it is likely Tyre Bias
    The radial belts get contaughted and squirm there way down the road {FWD / tyre problem .}
    Check out this link.
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1785705.
    JPT
    307hdi 120,555k
    405 srdt 355,225k
    Both Going strong

Hi Pete,
    Late model peugeots usually require the vehicle to be pulled down to a reference height before having the wheel alignment set. This is done by using Peugeot special tools.
    If the wheel alignment has been set, even if it was done to the correct specifications, without having the vehicle at the reference height they always seem to pull left as a result.
    I would be making sure this has been done before taking any further action.
    Not all tyre centres will do this when setting the wheel alignment. Peugeot dealers with wheel alignment equipment should.
    Hope your able to get it sorted.
    Cheers, Patrick.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Given that the only available adjustment on these cars (I have a 308 with the same issue) is toe-in/out, what difference would ride height make to setting the toe such that it would pull one way or the other?

http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop...n/align307.htm

The ride height effects the wheel alignment angles. Pulling to the left just happens to be the result in some cases it would seem.
    I have heard previously about a 308 that suffered from pulling to the left and had numerous alignments. It then had an alignment where it was pulled down to the reference height and no longer pulled to the left.
    Obviously the wheel alignment may have been done correctly, and at the reference height, and therefore it may not be the issue here.
    There could be other problems such as worn or damaged components causing the pulling to the left.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Swap the tyres front to back and diagonally.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

1000+ Posts

My understanding is that this problem is worse in 307s than 308s. Certainly our 307 had the same problem. The last time we got new tyres it was particularly bad. Took it back to the tyre service and they cured it. They claimed that all they did was rotate the tyres until they found a combination that would track straight.

Wheel alignments never cured it ...

Cheers

Alec

Tadpole

Thanks.
    I will try both, also, what pressures are you running.

Mine did the same thing. I was told by the wheel alignment people that it is a caster issue. The caster is factory set and not adjustable. Apparently when the factory decided on the caster angle for conversion to right hand drive, they did not get it right for the road camber.
    Fortunately my new 207 tracks dead straight.

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Fellow Frogger!

Hi. I had the 307 HDi touring wheel aligned several months ago. It was pulling to the left, and still is. I have known the person who did the wheel alignement for over 25 years, and he showed me that you need to pull down the vehicle to correctly record the measuremens. Not long after we had the car the driver (not me) had to swerve to avoid a collision, at 40kmh, and drove the FL wheel over a gutter. I had to replace the damaged tyre (sidewall) and luckily the rim was undamaged, as it impacted immedialty adjacent to the spoke. Anyway while the car was up on the hoist we measured the dimension from a central datum point near the center of the rear axle, to each left & right lower front ball joint. The LH front is 5 mm shorter. I suspect that the above incident has bent the lower control arm, boomarang shaped. This has affected the caster on the LH side and causes the vehicle to track to slightly to the left.

I might get motivated one day to remove the LH front lower control arm and attempt to mount on press and correct the 5mm bend. Has anyone done this? Any advice on bending the component? It looks like a forged, or cast component from carbon steel, not pressed metal.

Thread Information