Changing Air Conditioner to another car
  • Register
  • Help

Default Changing Air Conditioner to another car

I would like to hear any comments on how hard it is to change a 306 air-conditioner to another 306 car, or is it not worth the effort?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

when you say air conditioner do you mean the other car is not air conditioned, in which case thats a big and nasty job, or needs repair, in which case swapping pumps or condensor isnt so hard , swapping the evaporator in the heater box behind dash is not a task for the feint hearted or inexperienced, in fact its a bugger of a job, so do you have a faulty system or a non system, regards fisher.

Thanks for your comments, Fish. It is just what I needed to hear. I was looking at the possibility of putting an air con.into a car that has not got one .I think the solution is to but another car with it already in. Cheers, Peter

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

for sure it is easier, but can be done.
    Normally, besides of all the "parts" that you get from the other, you may need different radiator, some modifications on the climatic airbox (inside cockpit, behind dash), or replace by the other, and to wire it up to the ECU (the pin that informs that AC is switched on, to increase Idle and so on...)

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Fellow Frogger!

Not some modifications buddy. It's a large conversion and not for the inexperienced

Via the aussiefrogs App

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

I know, and I agree, that is what I've said "it is easier" (regarding to "I think the solution is to but another car with it already in.") but it can be done.
    normally is more expensive and difficult, but does not mean impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Thread Information