Help Peugeot 308
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Help Peugeot 308

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone can help but I have been having major issues with petrol turbo 308 peugoet automatic 2008. All started when cruise control stopped working then fault came up on the screen saying faulty depollution system. No one has been able to fix the problem. I have spent heaps of money with mechanic and peugoet dealer with no luck. Changed turbo which wasn't the problem so wasted money on turbo grrhhh

Anyway these are the issues currently having

* sometimes in morning the car will keep stroll and not go but after few tries will get the car going

* car is okay if you rev between 2 and 3 revs

* when you stop at the lights and then go on you have to rev car up near 3 revs then take foot off accelerator then rev again up to 3 revs because if you put your foot flat down the car will like bunny hop and not have any power and will go into limp mode

* now the kilometres on the dash that tell you how many km's until need fill up is not working correctly because one time driving was on 620kms then 10mins dropped to 500kms then after hour went up to 820kms then 10mins back down to 600kms.

* If you let car go 200kms on dash or under i.e 200kms until fill up and you drive the car will drop kms very quickly and will just play up like it is blocked somewhere and not receiving fuel

Any ideas????????

What would you look at first????

Advertisement

Latest mechanic said it is the fuel pump but one near the motor not the one in the tank. They say the car fuel pressure is low

Then spoke to another mechanic who is good with peugoet's they said most likely a timing issues and the chain has stretched on the car because these cars are known to have motor issues / timing problems, This is going to cost over 2grand mark if it is that problem

Well it could any number of things, really, but I'd suggest you forget about estimated range of km left as anything other than a nice to know.

These motors are known to suffer from timing issues (a competent dealer would have checked chain length using their fancy tool), clogged up inlet valves (due to direct injection motors not injecting fuel upstream of valves) and also failure of the high pressure mechanical fuel pump on the cylinder head. At a guess, all three of these conditions could cause "kangarooing" at the lights.

One thing (I think) is for certain: involving a range of different mechanics to fix the car is fraught with danger - to your wallet.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Mainly been the same mechanic and he sent it to peugoet. Decided to try a new one because our current one is useless

IWS

KitKat

I suggest that instead of taking the car to a big Peugeot dealership (which is what I guess you are doing?) that you look for an independent mechanic/workshop that specializes in French cars. There are many in Melbourne. Have a look here: Melbourne Mechanic

If you send me a PrivateEmail (just click on my user name) I'll be happy to talk with you about the mechanic who I use and who I am very happy with.

Ian.

Does the turbo petrol have a exhaust pressure sensor on it like our HDi 307 does? When we had the Depollution System Faulty error message, the dealer changed the exhaust sensor and all was good after that.
    We never had any of those symptoms though. We'd just see the car limit itself to 2500rpm and it wouldn't rev any higher than that.

I think it's also called the EGR valve? Someone can correct me on that one otherwise.

Tadpole

Now the car has a new problem. Now coming up with not only depollution fault error but also some ehs or something and then the car just brakes..

Taking it into pugwreck.

Mum friend had same issues and then one day the car just died and wouldn't start. ECU had to be replaced

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat84 View Post
    Hi everyone,

All started when cruise control stopped working then fault came up on the screen saying faulty depollution system.
    I had that issue on my 308 diesel. The Peugeot dealer tracked it down to a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Luckily it was covered by my extended warranty.

Hopefully the Peugeot dealer finds the cause of your issues.

Tadpole

howdy,
    question about a petrol 308 2008 model we think. I think we have a faulty thermostat or warning system. registers overheating from cold start , no overheating signs at all but he 'stop' sign comes on. My question is: will it shut down if i drive iot 40 kms to the mechanic? friends have a later model with same problem and it did shut down
    thanks

Thread Information