205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now? - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi all,

Quick update- unfortunately I am still yet to hear back from the guy in the UK with the badges. Not sure what the story is I'm afraid.

Ill keep trying him and post an update when I know more.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi all,

Another update.

My my guy in the UK got back to me and said the minimum order will be 25 of each size sticker.

Currently I only have two of you wanting two sets each, so 8 big stickers and 4 small, not enough for the order.

So two options:

1. I can order 25 of each and you can split the cost between you and have plenty of stickers.
    2. Between the couple sets I have and the guy in the UK has, we could sell you one set each.

Up to you guys. But please note if you decide not to order more, then I will need to arange the price with the guy in the UK for one of his sets, which may not be the same quote as I gave earlier.

Let me know and sorry for the hassles.

Cheers.

Thanks for update. Does he know that there are only 30 classics !

Somehow I ended up with two smalls and one big so only need one set. Option 2 works for me. I really only need one big.

Fellow Frogger!

No worries. That we can do with little trouble.

Ill check my my stickers on the weekend and get back to you.
    Last edited by Hicho; 5th May 2016 at 08:41 PM.

I saw one being rescued by Ed China on Wheeler Dealers last year. I would have bought it.

My Pug Mechanic picked up a 206 GTI (180 bhp), for $750.00 Needed about $300.00 in parts.
    Those in the trade know those in the trade.
    The French Tart…

Table at start of thread updated to show new home of No21 with Deltone in Perth

Tadpole

Checking back in with #30 of 30 here.

I want to get this back on the road, but my mechanical ability is limited. It's going to need a fair bit of work on the front end.

Who's the best in Sydney?

Default Honda CRV Classic

Looks like Honda decided to do a "Classic" model of their CRV too. Perhaps not as desirable as the 205 version?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-crv-classic.jpg  
    SLC206 likes this.

Wow - that sticker is awfully like the real Peugeot one...

I have updated the table on page 1 of this thread to reflect the purchase of Classic No9 by Cam85 from Walshy. I can't wait to go see it later today....
    gezza and Mi16 Man like this.

Maybe update either price of number 9 for $3000 for which it was up. For sale for in 2018.

1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue

Yes I am the lucky custodian!

Its rough and theres plenty of work to do. It was trying to change lanes on me driving it home.

Cant wait to get stuck in. Very excited

1000+ Posts

Lucky you, I saw this on the way home instants after it was posted
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Congrats Cam! Looked like a great buy.
    Mi16 Man likes this.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Citroen C4 VTS

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Thanks Guys

Yes it was a lucky find. Simon was happy for me to take it over and continue the resto. Im delighted and still cant believe Im in the Classic club. I thought I would never happen!

A big thanks to Rich who helped me make the decision in about 8 milliseconds....

Ill post up some photos later.

Cam
    SilverGTi_6 likes this.

I saw this car this morning. I think it's a great project car. Everywhere you look there are things to do and parts to source, but none of them are so big as to be overwhelming - just lots of projects to work through, one at a time (or, knowing Cam, maybe two at a time) over the next year or two to bring the car back to original. And in the meantime it is good enough to be driven and enjoyed.
    gezza likes this.

Couple of shots.

Gave it a wash while on the stands. Was crawling around underneath it to inspect what needs doing. All the usual stuff really!
    All engine mounts are broken cracked and perished. Wishbone ball joints are dangerously worn out. Rear beam although having had a rebuild 8ish years ago is also full or rattles and noises. Exhaust is straight through and loud as! Etc etc.

Body is really good, its had new paint a few years ago. Its been parked under gum trees for ages and the paint really needs a cut back and a proper detail.

All the above parts are on order. Cant wait to get it driving right!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_5042.jpg   205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_5031.jpg   205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_5032.jpg   205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_5036.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Couple of shots.

Gave it a wash while on the stands. Was crawling around underneath it to inspect what needs doing. All the usual stuff really!
    All engine mounts are broken cracked and perished. Wishbone ball joints are dangerously worn out. Rear beam although having had a rebuild 8ish years ago is also full or rattles and noises. Exhaust is straight through and loud as! Etc etc.

Body is really good, its had new paint a few years ago. Its been parked under gum trees for ages and the paint really needs a cut back and a proper detail.

All the above parts are on order. Cant wait to get it driving right!
    Wow, you must be pinching yourself!! Congrats that’s a lovely 205GTI

Fellow Frogger!

Looking great Cam. Welcome to the club!

looks very schmick- good luck with the tidy and build mate.

Tadpole

Just checking back in with No.27 in the UK. Its all good but isn't getting a lot of use at the moment. I'll get a couple of pics up in due course.

I have a couple of questions for you guys if thats ok:

Where does the jack live on the Classic? On the 1FM (which also has aircon) it fits under the passenger seat. But on the Classic there is doesn't seem to be the fitting there for it.

Was there a CD changer fitted to the car as either an option or as standard? Anyone know what make and model it is? And where it was located in the car?

If anyone knows of a correct Eurovox head unit up for sale please let me know. I bought one a while ago but I haven't got the code, and from what I have read, getting it unlocked is seeminlgy impossible.

Also wanted to mention that number 17 appears to have surfaced - in New Zealand. Two owners, 124k, nice condition but appears to be missing the stickers.

Check the following thread on a 205 facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/peug...7694359287732/

Another one to add to the list on page one

I am also certain I remember reading many years ago (10-15 years ago, probably) about Classic No.1, probably on this forum, and it had been written off. The owner kept the numbered badge from the dash and had it in his 405 Mi16 for a while. But try as I might I cant find any saved links or anything similiar.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the updates. We'd love to see a couple of photos.

The Facebook link you have posted appears to be to a closed group. Could you perhaps copy and paste some of the info on No17 into here please?

Re your car... the jack in a Classic goes under the seat same as any other 205 with air. Are you sure the cut in the carpet hasn't just moved out of alignment with the mounting hole, or could the carpet have been replaced?

You're probably aware that the stereo for the Classic is a Eurovox 7479, not the same as a normal Aus 205. Have you tried contacting Go Technologies about your code? They own the rights to the Eurovox name now and are very helpful. They can normally retrieve an access code for you from the serial number of your stereo. The form for this can be downloaded at the bottom of this page: Go Technologies: Service & Support

The 7479 can control a CD stacker but none was fitted as standard to the Classic. I think it would have gone in the boot (I have seen a couple on their side on the nearside of the boot?) but am not sure if it was ever an official dealer option. Eurovox branded stackers come up on Australian Gumtree and eBay regularly as they were fitted to top level Holdens here, or Go Technologies may also have one they could supply if you want.

Richard

Thanks Hicho

Any chance you have any stickers left? Or can send a file to me to have some more made up?

Tadpole

Thanks for all the information Richard. I wonder if the carpet has been changed in No.27 because the cutout wasn't there, which is what made me wonder. I guess it's easy enough to re-cut

I'll give that Go Technologies link a try-thanks. It is a 7479 I have got (I think i worked out based on pics of your old car!).

OK apologies on the facebook link, didn't realise it was a closed group. Here are the pics and details.

205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_2106.jpg205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_2104.jpg205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_2105.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of No.27. It was on display at the NEC Classic Motor show in Birmingham a year or two ago. There's also one of it by the 1FM

205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_2107.jpg205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_1986.jpg205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?-img_1985.jpg
    pugmachine likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Love that you have the NSW plate on it Rob! And glad to know you still have it safe and sound mate.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Thanks Hicho

Any chance you have any stickers left? Or can send a file to me to have some more made up?
    Hey Cam,

Can definitely dig up the file for you. Would have to check sticker stocks...I think I only have two sets left - one and a spare.

PM me what you need and I’ll try to find my stash and the file.

Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last

Thread Information