403 rubbers
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 403 rubbers

Tadpole

Default 403 rubbers

Hi,

I have a 403 that has just gone off to a friend who is about to re spray the car, I am just after some rubbers for the car, all four doors, font and rear windows, boot, tail lights etc.
    After having a quick look on the net I found a place on ebay, that have most of these, it is from Argentina, just wondering if anybody has brought from this place before and got any advise? link below

http://stores.ebay.com.au/EUROPEAN-C...=p4634.c0.m322

Advertisement

Or dose anybody know A better place to get these type of stuff?

Also I need a new clutch for the same 403, Dose anybody know where cheap clutches are available. Also I don't like not having a proper thrust bearing, is there anyway of putting a real bearing in there?

thanks josH

I ordered some for a 404 from Argentina. They never arrived, something to do with customs... Has anybody else had a similar or different experience?
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo, Four Mikuni R1 carburettors, external waste gate, Microsquirt ignition, 5 speed.

VIP Sponsor

Stay with the carbon as the bearing wipes across the face of the throw out pad. Metal to metal contact would stick after a while.
    BGT will reco clutch pressure and driven plates.
    I have plenty of used clutches which may either work fine or at least give you good base items for recoing.
    Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by joshspug View Post
    Hi,

I have a 403 that has just gone off to a friend who is about to re spray the car, I am just after some rubbers for the car, all four doors, font and rear windows, boot, tail lights etc.
    After having a quick look on the net I found a place on ebay, that have most of these, it is from Argentina, just wondering if anybody has brought from this place before and got any advise? link below

http://stores.ebay.com.au/EUROPEAN-C...=p4634.c0.m322

Or dose anybody know A better place to get these type of stuff?

Also I need a new clutch for the same 403, Dose anybody know where cheap clutches are available. Also I don't like not having a proper thrust bearing, is there anyway of putting a real bearing in there?

thanks josH

Hi ive heard of a place here called(i think ) Scotts old rubber i rang them a little while ago and they had the boot rubber for my 404 you might wanna give them a try

Tadpole

thanks everyone for you advise. Has anyone had any good experiences with the place in Argentina? don't really like the idea of losing parts in customs.
    thanks josH

Quote Originally Posted by joshspug View Post
    thanks everyone for you advise. Has anyone had any good experiences with the place in Argentina? don't really like the idea of losing parts in customs.
    thanks josH
    I have bought two sets of 404 of door rubbers from Argentina on two different occasions and both arrived safely. One set was opened by customs in Australia (the packaging of one set was re taped in Australian customs sticky tape). I have purchased other various parts from a couple of Argentinean suppliers and have always received the parts (but the post is not fast).

Re 403 clutches, you can buy from the USA now - see classiccargarage.com (http://classicgarage.com/pe403clset.html) for $109.96 at present (this morning) but this does not include a clutch thrust bearing. I purchased this clutch set a year ago for $95 and the freight was about $85 (all USD figures).

You can also buy a clutch thrust bearing from Franzose in Germany (http://www.franzose.de/en/Peugeot/20...lung/ANR72551/) and this appears to have a metal bearing race in place of the original carbon thrust (you may be able to buy the carbon part from the internet try google). I have one of these thrust race bearing and will fit in the next couple of months. Franzose have a reliable supplier for me - I have bought many items from them over the past few years. Bigger items (such as 404 buttress panels) are slower to arrive when they use sea freight but small packages usually arrive reasonable quickly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John T

I think

VIP Sponsor

Photo doesn't show the thrust surface, good chance it is coated with carbon.
    Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    I have bought two sets of 404 of door rubbers from Argentina on two different occasions and both arrived safely. One set was opened by customs in Australia (the packaging of one set was re taped in Australian customs sticky tape). I have purchased other various parts from a couple of Argentinean suppliers and have always received the parts (but the post is not fast).

Re 403 clutches, you can buy from the USA now - see classiccargarage.com (http://classicgarage.com/pe403clset.html) for $109.96 at present (this morning) but this does not include a clutch thrust bearing. I purchased this clutch set a year ago for $95 and the freight was about $85 (all USD figures).

You can also buy a clutch thrust bearing from Franzose in Germany (http://www.franzose.de/en/Peugeot/20...lung/ANR72551/) and this appears to have a metal bearing race in place of the original carbon thrust (you may be able to buy the carbon part from the internet try google). I have one of these thrust race bearing and will fit in the next couple of months. Franzose have a reliable supplier for me - I have bought many items from them over the past few years. Bigger items (such as 404 buttress panels) are slower to arrive when they use sea freight but small packages usually arrive reasonable quickly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John T

I think

I bought 3 sets of door rubbers (two rear, 1 front) and two sets of brake hoses from the Argentine mob. They all came promptly and all were good. I also bought front door rubbers from the US and they were the wrong thing. They should be arrow-shape in cross section. The american ones were step shaped and while they look fine, they don't seal.

Why not get the stuff from France.
    This place is great, you just need to set up an account with them and then have a credit card. I use a card that is only for overseas transactions to limit the risk, but I've had a couple of orders from here and another on the way and they are very efficient.

http://www.serie04.com/fr/40390-carrosserie

http://www.serie04.com/fr/40320-embrayage

Tadpole

"403 Rubbers"
    Is this the ultimate in personalised birth control?

Fellow Frogger!

Absolutely-Specially if you[can] use them all at once.

Oh happy Days

Quote Originally Posted by Farmpug View Post
    "403 Rubbers"
    Is this the ultimate in personalised birth control?
    Make sure you've got yer gumboots on before you try anything though.

But it's those fly by night 404 rubbers you really have to watch out for[404 not known at this address.]

Thread Information