Where do the leaves go?
  • Help

Default Where do the leaves go?

Where I park is a tree that insists on dropping its leaves on my 407 some of which find their way to the area around the wiper spindles, most of which I can fish out, some I can't.
    The question is where do the ones that I can't fish out end up? On a previous Pug there was a little flap in the wheel well where they all drained out, I can't remember if it was the 405 or the 604. There doesn't seem to be anything like that on the 407, at least not that I can see.
    I would like to be able to clean them away lest they create a rust problem somewhere in the sub-frame.

Advertisement

[I sometimes wonder that a leaf removal function would be a thing that manufacturers could build in; at startup a big blast of air from radiator fan/ dedicated fan? could blow back through the leaf trapping areas to clear them.....

Quote Originally Posted by frankthezapper View Post
    [I sometimes wonder that a leaf removal function would be a thing that manufacturers could build in; at startup a big blast of air from radiator fan/ dedicated fan? could blow back through the leaf trapping areas to clear them.....
    You'd think so, given that most European cars seem to live outside and their trees are mostly deciduous.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information