Baby seats in a 307 wagon
  • Register
  • Help
    pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

Default Baby seats in a 307 wagon

My wife and I are looking to get a bigger car and are considering a 307 wagon. We will need to fit a couple of baby seats in the back. My question is, are there anchor points for baby seat fitment in each rear seating position (left, centre and right)? Or only left and right? If only left and right, which I think might be the case, it seems to me that the car would become a four seater. Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    John
    (Yep... another one on the way!)

Advertisement
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

Only left & right - we have 2 seats in our 307 touring.

The seats - even the compact styles - are too big to allow say, a left & centre fit, in a 307. That said, we have managed to squeeze a small adult in the centre seat for short-ish distances, but it's very tight.

Other than that, it's been a great family car - plenty of room in the back for prams, shopping, etc, and the dog....

Fellow Frogger!

Sounds like the perfect excuse for another 504 (Familiale) to me!
    '96 Peugeot 405 SRDT Station Wagon

'71 Peugeot 504 GL - gone

'91 Peugeot 205si - gone

Tadpole

If you find one at the right price.. the 308 does have three anchor points across the back. However as noted above you will struggle to fit three baby seats across the back.

Thanks guys... the idea would be to use the left and right positions normally, with left or right and centre if we had the occasional passenger.

Looking at some 307s on carsales last night, it looked like there are two built-in anchor points on the seatbacks with provision for three bolt-in anchor points on the floor..?

307 Estate here with 5 kids! We use a VW Multivan as the main family bus. As already stated, the rear seat of the Pug will only take 2 kids seats on the outboard seats. Tried to fit even a booster seat in the middle and it was impossible!

All child seat anchors on the 307 Estate are in the floor of the load space, around 30cm from the seat backs. Ditto on the load space, just wish the car was a tad bit wider. :p

Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
    Sounds like the perfect excuse for another 504 (Familiale) to me!
    If I had my way it would be another 504 or 505... great family cars! We'll be checking out 407s and 406s too.

I squashed three seats in the back of the 407 (I have two in the car and I just wedged one from my wifes car in the middle, I did not anchor it though). Two forward and one rear facing. It wasn't pretty but it was effective! There does appear to be a middle anchor point as well.
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peujohn View Post
    If I had my way it would be another 504 or 505... great family cars! We'll be checking out 407s and 406s too.
    I think the 505 wagon has child anchor fittings in the roof for the second row. At least one of the ones here has a fitting installed.

Thread Information