Road Trip!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Road Trip!

Default Road Trip!

Hi froggies,

I'll be heading out to Dubbo after new years for a few days, and if I dont fix a 'little problem' with the 206 then ill be stuck driving the missus' barina >_< *kill me*.

So the 'little problem' i speak off is the "engine immobilizer fault" which has back stabbed me 2 times this whole year (with the missus present) ... a few hours or so left alone and it resolves the issue - it fires up in a second as it normally does.

its a common issue as ive seen on this and other forums. weak point of the transponder aerial around the ignition barrel, or signs of a dying battery perhaps? in any case ill take it to colliers to see whats what (get some fault codes), so i can avoid sitting in that barina. does anyone know if i can fix this myself? how much would a new transponder aerial cost? any issues with working around ignition barrel i should know off?

thanks.

Advertisement

Don't remove the old one with a Kango.

Many immob issues are either PSF1 related or weak battery. Have you had the battery plonked on a load tester, if it's more than two years old?

Why not buy a cheap laptop and PP to do your own diagnostics? Closer and will pay for itself within a few uses.

thanks,

Theres Lexia 3 PP2000 of ebay, will that do? Ill get a load tester of ebay as well. it'll go a long way.

Ask Shane in the CitroŽn forum where his Lexia/PP came from. We know his works and it's one of the more recent buys.

You need a laptop with WinXP as it seems Win7 with the XP emulation doesn't run it.

Re the load tester, I take my batteries either in to one workplace or to Battery World. If it fails (ie; low amps) I leave it there as they get up to $10 per battery in scrap where I only get $4 as a punter. I buy my replacement batteries online; SSB brand, for $110 delivered. A good load tester is $150 upwards, it seems.

he bought one from a UK shop, according to the Citroen members they managed to get the ebay ones working, so i bought one myself and ill report back how it goes, got a xp laptop ready for its arrival.

just updating that the PP2000 program works wells, i found a few faults relating to misfire on an unknown cylinder and the one fault for the knock sensor.

Good to hear! What is the misfire description? (Screenshot?)

miss fire could be related to the faulty knock sensor. (as in there is no miss fire, just a faulty sensor)

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Good to hear! What is the misfire description? (Screenshot?)
    I couldnt get much more than "misfire on an unknown cylinder" sorry i didnt take a screenie, had another fault relating to coherence with the injector i think, ill take screen caps if they come up again it said their permanent faults so i should see them soon enough.

Fellow Frogger!

Under West Australian law I had to had an engine immobiliser fitted to my 505 wagon when I imported it from France. It gave me untold grief. After two hours driving you could not turn the engine off unless you were prepared to clutch start it or wait a couple of hours (Iassume for things to cool down). I tried a new battery and I even put a new alternator on the car just incase it was not getting enough juice-nothing worked. I had the damn thing taken off the car and now everything is fine. Too much technology. Graham

Thread Information