Modern Peugeot Clutch Bits - Interchangeability
  • Register
  • Help

Default Modern Peugeot Clutch Bits - Interchangeability

I am struggling with this one, hopefully Kenny or James will have some exposure.

Most PSA four cylinder clutches seem to be 200mm spec.

Advertisement

It also seems many of them have the same spline count.

Yet there are a billion versions cited in literature, and each aftermarket kit covers a half dozen or more factory part numbers.

Assumption: Friction discs of the same diameter, would have the same rim (lined) thickness.

So, what varies? Do they play with the assembled height to make up for different release lever travel and thus clutch effort? Or is it variations to the friction discs's hub, that make up different spline lengths?

I ask because Fleabay is chockers with "orphan" clutches and it may well be that mixing and matching could get a bargain. Just that to find out, one either needs advance knowledge or to buy a stack of bits and play around.

Let me know if you discover if the release bearing is the same between a BE4R with a cable clutch fork and a BE4R with a hydraulic clutch fork

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    Let me know if you discover if the release bearing is the same between a BE4R with a cable clutch fork and a BE4R with a hydraulic clutch fork
    A Peugeot Partner (TU5JP4/BE4R/cable clutch) has the same release bearing as a
    307 (TU5JP4/BE4R/hydraulic clutch), 2041A7, so in that case the answer is yes.
    spiz

Quote Originally Posted by Spiz View Post
    A Peugeot Partner (TU5JP4/BE4R/cable clutch) has the same release bearing as a
    307 (TU5JP4/BE4R/hydraulic clutch), 2041A7, so in that case the answer is yes.
    Cheers My driveshaft cross referencing has shown i cannot be trusted with these things myself!

Clearly, this overall mission will fall upon me.

Thread Information