Anybody have electronic ignition on their XN engine?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Anybody have electronic ignition on their XN engine?

Hey all,

I've put electronic ignition on my Peugeot 504, and while it is running, I haven't 'tuned' it as such. That may come soon enough. Just wondering if anybody here has any ignition maps that work really well? Otherwise I may start out with the basic curve that the Haynes manual shows and tweak it to suit my setup.

Advertisement

Thanks!
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo.

Fellow Frogger!

I recently installed an electronic distributor from an '85 505GL on my '74 504GL, didn't adjust anything and runs well. I wasn't aware that adjustments (besides setting the timing) were possible. What are you thinking about doing?

Quote Originally Posted by rpieper View Post
    I recently installed an electronic distributor from an '85 505GL on my '74 504GL, didn't adjust anything and runs well. I wasn't aware that adjustments (besides setting the timing) were possible. What are you thinking about doing?
    The difference is I am running a MircoSquirt ECU (computer) and a Ford EDIS coil and ignition. The computer allows for adjustments to the timing whereas the 505 setup wouldn't allow for any real adjustments to be made.
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo.

Thread Information