Oil pressure Sensor leaking oil?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Oil pressure Sensor leaking oil?

Hi guy's

Advertisement

Noticed I lost a whole heap of oil today from under my car. I've had a look at I think it's the Oil pressure sensor that has loosened itself off.

Any idea what's the best way to try and tighten it back up, pretty difficult to get to. Hoping i don't have to take of the plenum just to tighten it back up?

Any ideas, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Not sure, but why do you keep oil under your car?!

What car is it, dude?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Not sure, but why do you keep oil under your car?!

What car is it, dude?
    should have explained my self a little better. Oil was leaking from my car, it's a Peugeot 306 XT N5 1.8L.
    It's definitely the oil pressure sensor, just a bugger to get to.

If it's like the 205 (I don't know anything about the 306), you'll need a shortened, slim 21mm spanner. On the 205 you have to squeeze through the middle of the intake manifold and then you have about 10mm of movement allowed. Tedious stuff.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

If it's like the 205 (I don't know anything about the 306), you'll need a shortened, slim 21mm spanner. On the 205 you have to squeeze through the middle of the intake manifold and then you have about 10mm of movement allowed. Tedious stuff.
    Thanks mate, all good. I just removed the intake manifold & got to it.
    Bastard of a thing, thanks for your help

205's are easy if you remove the inlet manifold. Considering the amount of nuts to undo, it's an easy process.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    205's are easy if you remove the inlet manifold. Considering the amount of nuts to undo, it's an easy process.

That may be true, but I still think it's quicker to just do up the sender once you cut your spanner to size and make it fit. On the side of the road such tools are invaluable. I was actually lucky and found an old Fiat set of tools (no idea the model) which had such an open end spanner, single end so I only had to grind it a bit slimmer and bend the end slightly to allow better movement. Lazy bastard, I know.

1000+ Posts

i changed one on my S1 MI16 from underneath ,think i had to remove the oil filter ,and take directions from my son pearing down through slots in the manifold ,you have to put your arm up the left hand side then across .its a mission, i would tip its leaking out of the bakerlight /plastic end and needs replacing manifold off seems the way to go .PUGS PS THINK I USED A SOCKET

Thread Information