Pug 308 1.6 THP Manual - Turbo Oil Feed drama's!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Pug 308 1.6 THP Manual - Turbo Oil Feed drama's!

Hi Fellow Froggers,

Just a quick one, So my much loved 308 Xse Turbo is again 'off the road' and again due to the Oil Feed Pipe leaking! As i just replaced the last one only back in march this year, u can understand my anger... (warranty lodged for replacement part)

Well after scanning the internet for other options, i have decided to take the 'Braided hose' option a try as so many people in the Europe and South Africa seem to be doing to this mod with good results. (also figure if they are doing this on mod'ed cars, a standard one should surely work just fine)

After a visited my local Pirtek shop i got a custom made S/Steel braided teflon coated hose made up with 2x M12 banjo clamps.(not M10 as some mini's have apparently) Cost is actually the same as buying the factory 'JUNK' part!...

Just looking at the Factory part and Custom braided hose, i can already see the difference. The Factory feed pipe is just not well constructed, the banjo clamps are loose (i guess for easy install) but u can see how the heat from a turbo would make the inner 'O' ring practically melt away, not to mentioned the crimping around the clamp ends are poor.

Advertisement

Well im planning the install this weekend with a friend and once done i will post my results. "fingers crossed" it all works out...

HC

Tadpole

Default Installed Braided Pipe (Turbo Oil Feed)

Hi all,

So installed the mod'ed Braided turbo Oil Feed hose on my Pug 308 Turbo and all is working well!
    I just hope this one fairs better than the 'Factory Pipe' that i have had many many dramas with. haha

Here are some photos of the work done... All in all took 3.5-4 hours for the job! (with the help of a mate of course)

I would 100% recommend this upgrade to anyone who has or is having turbo leak dramas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pug 308 1.6 THP Manual - Turbo Oil Feed drama's!-img_1990.jpg   Pug 308 1.6 THP Manual - Turbo Oil Feed drama's!-img_1989.jpg   Pug 308 1.6 THP Manual - Turbo Oil Feed drama's!-img_1988.jpg   Pug 308 1.6 THP Manual - Turbo Oil Feed drama's!-img_1987.jpg  

Thanks for the follow up, puggie.

My guess is the banjos are "loose" because it is a rigid pipe. This means you can align the fittings correctly - though that is optional depending on the installer

Despite many attempts, I'm still waiting for evidence of a leak from this pipe on one of my cars. The 207 pipe doesn't even have the heatshield mod and it's as good as the day it left the factory.

Perhaps I got a Monday car.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

yeh looking at the offending pipe it looks like the seal inside the pipe can't take the heat from the turbo and eventually melts away... but I also think you are also correct in saying that the rigid pipe also has a hand to play in the seal moving around and eventually giving up.

Well i done the replacement with the braided 'Teflon' coated hose so Fingers-Crossed to me .

It is just annoying as i have always been a Pug man and my previously rides (205 GTi and 206 GTi) have been more reliable then this newer one... I think it might also have to do with me buying a Mk-1 car (with the EP6DT engine)

Funny i love my Pug, i just wish it loves me back! hahahahaha

Minor rant over!

did you do it without dropping the turbo?
    The wrong oil is better than no oil at all.

Tadpole

Yup... no need to remove Turbo to remove oil pipe!
    What you do need to do is loosen off the extractor and move it forward slightly, once you do that you should be able to wriggle the pipe free. Installation of new pipe (braided hose or Original) is similar, just feed from under the car upwards. (had a mate helping me so that helped ALOT)

Also be sure to protect the radiator with cardboard so you don't damage the fins.

Tadpole

hey, good idea.

did you just get a rough measurement from the factory hose. and get pirtek to make it up for you? how long was it if you can remember.

thanks.

Thread Information