306 child sear anchor point
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 child sear anchor point

The daughter has fallen in love with the GTI and is angling for a ride. She's in one of the booster seats, so she uses the car seat belt, but the booster anchors to the car. I've found the anchor point to use the middle seat, but seeing as the middle rear seat only uses a lap belt, I'd prefer her to be on one of the sides.

Cant seem to see an anchor point on either side. There are some round 'clips' that look like they are holding the carpet down but I havent had any luck getting them out to see if it is a point I can screw an anchor into. I'm not keen on forcing them unless I know they are the right points.

Any thoughts?

Here's a pic of the GTI polished up for motivation

306 child sear anchor point-pug.jpg

Advertisement

Thanks.
    2000 GTI6

Are the "round clips" on the seat back? If so, you have found the threaded holes.

From memory, on the 306 there is only one fitting on the floor, but three positions.

You have to unbolt it from the middle one and move it to one of the other ones, covered by black plastic plugs. Your owners manual comes with a separate "Australian supplement" or Service booklet that has to show you where the fittings are.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

There are three fittings in the boot floor right at the back. These normally have 'Fir tree' clips installed to hold the mat down. Trim removal tool, looks like a cross between a claw hammer and a screwdriver, is available from auto pro etc. or a small claw hammer can be used to simply pull the clips out.

The top strap runs from the fittings over the backrest, meaning that stuff int he boot has to be loaded around it.

Thanks guys. Quick check of the service booklet (didn't think to look in that one!) indeed reveals I was looking in the right place. Will have a look for one of those trim removal tools. Cheers all.
    2000 GTI6

Thread Information