4007's
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 4007's

1000+ Posts

Default 4007's

Hi-Wondering what sort of a run owners of 4007's are having.
    A friend is considering buying one so I thought some of you may have some inside info that I could pass on.
    Cheers,
    Pekay.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hello,

We have had ours (ST version 6 speed auto) for just on 12 months. The 4007 has been ultra reliable.

We tow a 1.6 tonne caravan & thus have the correct Peugeot tow bar, electric brakes, Anderson plug etc. Economy for highway driving (without the caravan) is around 6.0 l/100, whilst with the caravan, varies between 11 - 13 l/100. The 2.2 litre HDi engine is a gem - excellent low down torque & cruises on the highway in near silence at about 1800RPM.

Our vehicle came with the optional 18 inch alloys plus we have added the nudge bar as well. In many ways a better vehicle than the Mitsubishi Outlander, which at the time did not have a diesel engine & had a maximum towing ability of 1500kg compared with the 4007 at 2000kg. We have used the 4WD selection only a few times (mainly with towing the caravan) & it just does everything you would expect.

Cheers,
    K

Tadpole

We've had our 4007 for 3 months and it's perfect for our needs - family of 5, lots of activity camping sports etc. I always liked the Outlander but being a French Car enthusiast (and the fact that it didn't come in Diesel) turned me off it. Ours is a 7 seat auto DCS which is an excellent combination. Fuel use for us is higher than I'd expected - around 8l/100km which is a shock after a 308 wagon which would consistently average 5.6l/100km but entirely acceptable given the size of the vehicle. Aside from that my only other concerns are handling is a bit ponderous - but my other car is a DS3 Sport so at the other end of the spectrum!. Some of the interior plastics are a bit cheap but it's robust, practical and ideal for us right now. I'd recommend it

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Niels Bendixsen View Post
    We've had our 4007 for 3 months and it's perfect for our needs - family of 5, lots of activity camping sports etc. I always liked the Outlander but being a French Car enthusiast (and the fact that it didn't come in Diesel) turned me off it. Ours is a 7 seat auto DCS which is an excellent combination. Fuel use for us is higher than I'd expected - around 8l/100km which is a shock after a 308 wagon which would consistently average 5.6l/100km but entirely acceptable given the size of the vehicle. Aside from that my only other concerns are handling is a bit ponderous - but my other car is a DS3 Sport so at the other end of the spectrum!. Some of the interior plastics are a bit cheap but it's robust, practical and ideal for us right now. I'd recommend it
    Hi,
    Just a comment re the economy. It wasn't until we had 10-12 thousand km that the economy figures consistently got around the 6.0l/100km mark. The engine was noticeably smoother & with more flexibilty also around this time. We had the 10k service done, including the Total Quartz oil recommended for these engines which are equipped with particulate filters. Another equally good oil is Penrite Enviro+.
    There might be a slight difference in handling if you have the 16 inch rims as opposed to the optional 18inch. Also, I believe the 7 seat version is a little heavier than the 5 seat.
    A minor issue is the message which will show on the screen relating to the DPF (diesel particulate filter); this occurs if you continually do short trips as opposed to highway work. All that is required is a short 10-15km highway run to extinguish the message.

Cheers,
    K

Tadpole

Good to know we can look forward to better economy. We live in the country so all our driving is longish distance. Never had an issue with particulate filter warning - we had a 308Hdi before the 4007 and it never came up either. Ours has the optional 18" wheels too - they look much nicer than the 16" and the ride is still good - I take the point about the extra weight but still feel the handling is average but I suspect I'm being too picky so shouldn't complain. The other really dumb design fault is that youcan't open the lower tailgate when the tow bar tongue is in place...very annoying! I wonder if Peugeot will use the new Outlander as the basis of their next 4007? It looks OK but not overly stylish - nice to see what Peugeot and CitroŽn do with it!

Niels

Fellow Frogger!

Good to know we can look forward to better economy. We live in the country so all our driving is longish distance. Never had an issue with particulate filter warning - we had a 308Hdi before the 4007 and it never came up either. Ours has the optional 18" wheels too - they look much nicer than the 16" and the ride is still good - I take the point about the extra weight but still feel the handling is average but I suspect I'm being too picky so shouldn't complain. The other really dumb design fault is that youcan't open the lower tailgate when the tow bar tongue is in place...very annoying! I wonder if Peugeot will use the new Outlander as the basis of their next 4007? It looks OK but not overly stylish - nice to see what Peugeot and CitroŽn do with it!

Niels
    Hi there,
    Yes, we traded a 2006 P307 Hdi Touring on the 4007, & in 5 years of 307 ownership we did not see the DPF warning sign. The 4007 HDi is a 2.2 litre version of that engine, upgraded to Euro 5 specifications. This means much stricter compliance with emissions etc. It is not a big issue by any means, & never illuminates on any of our extended trips.
    I take your point re the lower tail gate; however, the choices seem to be to just remove the ball for clearance, or pull the locating pin to drop the whole towball unit. Even just that component is quite heavy, but that is what I usually do when we are not towing.
    I find that the 18 inch wheels give improved handling at 36 psi, whilst when towing, we use 38 psi. We only select 4WD in towing mode when adviseable, whereas 2WD is more than adequate at other times, as well as improving the fuel economy.

Cheers,
    K

Niels

I believe you can get fined for not removing your removable tow bar.
    Also there's plenty of free ones available in any car park.

Thread Information