406 coupe enthusiast seeking like minded, easy going, 406 coupe enthusiasts, Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 406 coupe enthusiast seeking like minded, easy going, 406 coupe enthusiasts, Sydney

......For long drives by the beach and servicing at sunset

No seriously, I am in a bit of a bind and am looking for 406 coupe owners in Sydney who know their cars and wouldn't mind sharing some know how, time and spare parts.

I have scoured most parts outlets in Sydney looking for a cluster and or a BSI that I could swap out with mine for the opportunity to fault find my car. I have a problem in one or more of these areas.

I can get parts for OS, but don't want to go that way until I know for sure what problem part is.

I am willing to pay for time and or help, or can offer many old Peugeot parts or computer diagnostic/programming/knowledge in exchange.

Any help, numbers, emails or points in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Advertisement

Zev Bianchi

1000+ Posts

Although it isnt OZ their is a great UK site on just 406 coupes......plenty of fault finding help there too. Great site.
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

You could also try your luck on RSVP or Match.com...
    1975 Peugeot 504 GL | 2018 Suzuki Swift GLX Turbo

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    Although it isnt OZ their is a great UK site on just 406 coupes......plenty of fault finding help there too. Great site.
    Hey Jr20516v,
    Thanks for the reply. I have been a member of '406coupe' in the UK for a few months now and they are awesome, some really good, knowledgeable people there.
    Unfortunately what I need, other than some better ideas for dating sites, thanks Tom, is hardware. Someone who has these parts laying around or that I could pull out of working vehicle and swap out with mine to try and find the faulty area.
    Will keep posting here until some one finally reads this and realises they have what I'm after and shouts out to help a fellow Pugilist.

Cheers, Zev

Zev,

What's actually the issue with the BSI?

Saw a tidy 2003 model 406 coupe parked down at Mrs Macquarie's Chair on Sunday. If I needed a new car tomorrow - this would be it.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Zev,

What's actually the issue with the BSI?

Saw a tidy 2003 model 406 coupe parked down at Mrs Macquarie's Chair on Sunday. If I needed a new car tomorrow - this would be it.
    Hi there,
    BSI had a fault in it when I got it, five minutes after using remote to lock or same key to start open. The key forgets its memory until used in door/ignition again.

Now I have further problem that cluster is all lit up and no needle movement. Diag. tells me BSI has no communication with Cluster ecu and other existing remote problem and the the Cluster has problem, no communication with BSI ecu. So not entirely sure weather its a BSI or CLuster fault. Need to try a known good one of each to solve I think.

Cheers, Z

Tadpole

Default 406 Coupe enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by pocroc View Post
    Hi there,
    BSI had a fault in it when I got it, five minutes after using remote to lock or same key to start open. The key forgets its memory until used in door/ignition again.

Now I have further problem that cluster is all lit up and no needle movement. Diag. tells me BSI has no communication with Cluster ecu and other existing remote problem and the the Cluster has problem, no communication with BSI ecu. So not entirely sure weather its a BSI or CLuster fault. Need to try a known good one of each to solve I think.

Cheers, Z
    Have you posted the problem on the UK 406 Coupe website? There is a fair cahnce with the number of Coupes over there that someone will have an answer or be able to direct you to someone who could help.

Thread Information