Abandoned pugs in old factory
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    102

    Default Abandoned pugs in old factory

    Hi all. Not sure if this is real, but looks pretty interesting. Love the rally cars.
    http://youtu.be/YrnTgoTr1t8

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts gezza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KK Puggy View Post
    Hi all. Not sure if this is real, but looks pretty interesting. Love the rally cars.
    http://youtu.be/YrnTgoTr1t8
    I reckon fake.....

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts Mike Tippett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Nah it's real, I was there in 1995. It's the factory collection, the portion that is not on display.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! jurgen_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    707

    Default

    yep, that's the collection that is not on display in the museum. When they have special occasions or are focussing on a specific period or model they take the necessary cars out of the 'treasure room', give them a good clean and put them on display.
    They have sold a couple of years ago the doubles to reinvest it in new models they did not have in their collection yet. If you can visit the museum, ask to visit also the 'atelier' where the old cars are being restored.
    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

  5. #5
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Yes, some of those are presently on display at the museum, Pikes Peak car and Dakar car being two of them.
    Neither the 305 V6 prototype or the 1975 504 Safari winner are presently on display, I was a bit sorry to miss seeing these.
    Graham




    Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by jurgen_s View Post
    yep, that's the collection that is not on display in the museum. When they have special occasions or are focussing on a specific period or model they take the necessary cars out of the 'treasure room', give them a good clean and put them on display.
    They have sold a couple of years ago the doubles to reinvest it in new models they did not have in their collection yet. If you can visit the museum, ask to visit also the 'atelier' where the old cars are being restored.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! julian b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hawthorn melbourne
    Posts
    482

    Default

    It is interesting to see the 505 cabriolet that never was.

  7. #7
    Member 01YLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bris QLD
    Posts
    89

    Default

    That is a cool collection of cars in any case. I was thinking that maybe they were reproductions that they take to shows and things like that. ones that look the part but aren't, i.e. standard brakes etc
    Lyle

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! jurgen_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    707

    Default

    ah the 305 V6. Saw it and asked myself why it went never in production:



    also the rally version of it

    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

  9. #9
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Because a normal 305 would be a far more satisfactory car for 99% of their customers. As an enthusiasts car and a figurehead in competition, yes. However, the Audi Quattro saw out that idea and the 205 T16 was then needed, not a car for the private enthusiast but of course very successful as a factory rally car.
    Graham


    Quote Originally Posted by jurgen_s View Post
    ah the 305 V6. Saw it and asked myself why it went never in production:



    also the rally version of it


  10. #10
    1000+ Posts pug-life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Is the museum in France?

  11. #11
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,287

    Default

    Yes, near thefactory in Sochaux, this fairly close to Belfort.
    Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by pug-life View Post
    Is the museum in France?

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    I'm assuming that there will be a 40th birthday party for the 604 and I am assuming it will be at Sochaux, and I am hoping I might be able to drive my 604 there. I had better start saving up for the petrol.....

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! jurgen_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Because a normal 305 would be a far more satisfactory car for 99% of their customers. As an enthusiasts car and a figurehead in competition, yes. However, the Audi Quattro saw out that idea and the 205 T16 was then needed, not a car for the private enthusiast but of course very successful as a factory rally car.
    Graham
    it was rather a rethoric question that I was asking myself at that moment. I know the history behind this car very good. If it wasn't for the 205 T16... well this would have been the answer. But it wouldn't be so succesfull as the 205 of course.

    However I did ask myself why they did not put the Z9 coupé in the background in production. Because that is a very stunning car.
    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

  14. #14
    607
    607 is offline
    Member 607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Did I see a POPE Mobile there as well in the clip?

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! Doush_504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 607 View Post
    Did I see a POPE Mobile there as well in the clip?
    Yes you did




    Chadi

    1982 504 SR white manual sedan with A/C (257 000 Km)
    2012 308 1.6 VTi Vapor Grey manual H/B (35000 Km)
    1994 405 1.6 white manual sedan (208 000 Km)
    1992 605 SV24 (91 000 Km)
    2005 406 2.0L automatic (Replaced with a 2013 C5)
    1983 505 GR white manual sedan with A/C (170000 Km)

    All since new


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •