• Help

Default 504 coupe AU$ prices

Are always $35,000.

Advertisement

Why is this?
    504 GL Coupe '73 Silver
    504 GTDT Pickup Mini-Motorhome '83 Coral Red
    407 HDi Sedan '05

How many coupes are in Aus ? .Ive only seen one for sale[a lhd V6 ]and it was $35,000. Ive seen one cab for sale ,also $35,000 .In Europe restored cabriolets are worth much more than coupes .

Quote Originally Posted by Uffee View Post
    Are always $35,000.

Why is this?
    Alas, there is one that could be for sale that's considerably more than $35,000.

Pity.

There was a LHD one for sale in June for only 20k from memory - he brought it to the Sydney AFCD. I think he advertised it on here. Neil or something similar.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Alas, there is one that could be for sale that's considerably more than $35,000.
    Good thing it's mine

Err, not really.

I don't know why I'm saying this given that I own one but $35,000 seems a bit of a stretch to me if one does the sums on buying one in Europe in good nic, shipping it over here and compliancing it. The flipside to the argument is that if that's the price the market will bear?
    504 GL Coupe '73 Silver
    504 GTDT Pickup Mini-Motorhome '83 Coral Red
    407 HDi Sedan '05

Just curious Uffee, what is the cost of getting a good one shipped and complianced? Is that the method you undertook for getting your coupe?

(Slightly jealous of your collection of pugs there! That motorhome sounds like a blast!)

Fellow Frogger!

be careful because things can really rust

DSC02491 by dieselnutjob, on Flickr

DSC02517 by dieselnutjob, on Flickr

so going off this can i sell my saloon for half that price?

You can see from these pictures why some cars seem cheap in Europe

Good thing it's mine

Err, not really.

I don't know why I'm saying this given that I own one but $35,000 seems a bit of a stretch to me if one does the sums on buying one in Europe in good nic, shipping it over here and compliancing it. The flipside to the argument is that if that's the price the market will bear?
    Is your coupe a GL originally .? .I thought they were all injection because the bonnet was too low for the standard carby setup

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

I know this is a horrible thing to say, but these cars were built by Pinifarina's factory alongside Fiats and other tinworm friendly devices, not by Peugeot...

The only car I know which does a more professional job of self-composting than the italians is NSU. The German NSU site has a page dedicated to rust.

There are a couple of rusty 504 coupes ,abandoned in the Netherlands shown on youtube , they are both burgandy .I wonder if they rust more in that colour

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    Just curious Uffee, what is the cost of getting a good one shipped and complianced? Is that the method you undertook for getting your coupe?

(Slightly jealous of your collection of pugs there! That motorhome sounds like a blast!)
    I got my 504 cabriolet from England this way .I bought it sight unseen. It was an older restoration that needed some work but wasnt rusty .I paid 6,700 pounds and the landed cost wa$17,000 By the time it was on the road and brought up to immaculate condition it has cost $20,000 ,if i hadnt done all the work myself it would have cost 30,000 . Compliance involved fitting headrests [after 72 mod ]and new seat belts .Anyone thinking of bring in one of these cars make sure it has a roadworthy windscreen [ie perfect] or you will have big problems .

Are always $35,000.

Why is this?
    If I'm not mistaken, one second hand headlight is approx. AUS$900 on the international market.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Llewellyn View Post
    I know this is a horrible thing to say, but these cars were built by Pinifarina's factory alongside Fiats and other tinworm friendly devices, not by Peugeot...

The only car I know which does a more professional job of self-composting than the italians is NSU. The German NSU site has a page dedicated to rust.
    I've heard that Karmann invented this type of rust, and later licensed the concept to the Italians..

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    I've heard that Karmann invented this type of rust, and later licensed the concept to the Italians..
    He had to licence it to someone, the Germans wouldn't let him use it at home. NSU is in Austria though (go figure!)

1000+ Posts

When I went to buy a towbar from Roland Pymm the other day I saw a 504 Cab that he is making right for Oz with RHD and everything sorted. He says he specializes in them and I'd say he does a very nice job. I can see how all the labour of fully rebuilding the engine and gearbox and making sure it's all totally sorted and having the paint pristine might come to the $40K he suggested. If I had the money it would be just about the ultimate car with a choice of motors, V6 or TI seemed to be the main choices.
    As I haven't though I'd imagine attempting to bring in a nice one and then go through the paces. I would prefer to get someone like Rowley to do all that shit, as it's the kind of thing that would loose sleep and hair on the head and cause arguments with the missus.
    But if I did all the hard yards I would think I could have the whole thing for under $20,000. But that's not putting a monetary value on my work. And it would probably not end up as good as from the professional. Don't really know.

I have just received my copy of Torque ,the PCCV magazine ,and there is a 1970 coupe for sale for 43,000 .Maybe it will eventually come down to 35,000.

Thread Information