405 SRDT front bumper removal; Can't find 2 front screws; help please
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 SRDT front bumper removal; Can't find 2 front screws; help please

The Haynes SRDT manual isn't really that helpful. Says "unscrew the 2 bumper front securing nuts" with a vague image, but I'm damned if I can see them anywhere.Thought I might find them behind the grille, so removed that, but no joy there. Can someone help please. Would be much appreciated. I did do a search and had no luck there.

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

have a look in the wheel arch
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Tadpole

Hi
    From memory you will have to remove the inner guard liners which should be torx fittings and somme push in clips you should then be able to find the bolts to remove the front bumper
    Chris

I don't think it changed a whole lot between S1 and S2. There will be on each side, a vertical T20 self tapper at the rear top edge of the bumper, inside the wheelarch.

Just inside of that will be a 10mm headed bolt that screws sideways into the bumper (one each side).

Under the bumper will be three T40 machine screws, holding it to the front tie member.

Finally there are four 13mm headed nuts or bolts, two each side. These are accessed with the splash shields removed or at least pulled clear and are more or less three inches below the headlight glass bottom edge.

Tadpole

Thanks guys. I knew the liner had to be peeled back to access the side brackets, but didn't realize that was the clue to accessing some of the others. Willdo today and report back.

Tadpole

Bugger. Side bracket torn from bumper. What's a suitable adhesive for bumper plastic ?? Otherwise I might have to use a few pop rivets..horror, horror.

Thread Information