Are you the winner?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Are you the winner?

I was reading through the posts of many items about Pugs through the time that I have been a member of this site and the same question comes to my mind.

"Is there a prize for how many Pugs you have owned, restored, or have commented on?"

I see that at the end of each persons informational support, (or profile) that there is a number of "Owns" at the signature.

I was wondering, is there a prize for the most Pugs you have owned in your life? Also judging by some of the lists it looks like that some of the posters must be older men boasting about the assortment of pugs they have owned which gives them a standing right to advise others on matters that are questioned. As a young man I feel somewhat inferior because I have only owned 3. Some lists go on forever, and I wonder how old are you for you to own so many cars.

I also notice that the amount of Pugs that you have owned, or Citroen's as a matter of fact gives you the right to be right on what you say. Age is a vital element to wisdom in some cases, and of course the more you own the more you might know, in theory.

Is the right to passage to this site an elderly man with an ownership of multiple vehicles with many problems and experiences, or is it the excitement of owning an amazing vehicle that you save and save for so that you can experience true motoring joy?

With kind consideration

Advertisement

Justin

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 607 View Post
    I"Is there a prize for how many Pugs you have owned, restored, or have commented on?"
    No

I was wondering, is there a prize for the most Pugs you have owned in your life?
    No

Is the right to passage to this site an elderly man with an ownership of multiple vehicles with many problems and experiences, or is it the excitement of owning an amazing vehicle that you save and save for so that you can experience true motoring joy?
    There is no right to passage on this site. There are people on here who don't even like Peugeots.

Hope that helps

I like the context it gives to my posts, and helps to identify me quickly (along with my profile picture). I am also proud to be a 504 owner, as it fills me with much joy. I like to share that feel of joy with the sense of community here.

I make no claims of old age, nor knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    I like the context it gives to my posts, and helps to identify me quickly (along with my profile picture). I am also proud to be a 504 owner, as it fills me with much joy. I like to share that feel of joy with the sense of community here.

I make no claims of old age, nor knowledge!
    Couldn't agree more.
    And it's not just here, it's the same in most forums.
    Chadi

1982 504 SR white manual sedan with A/C (257 000 Km)
    2012 308 1.6 VTi Vapor Grey manual H/B (35000 Km)
    1994 405 1.6 white manual sedan (208 000 Km)
    1992 605 SV24 (91 000 Km)
    2005 406 2.0L automatic (Replaced with a 2013 C5)
    1983 505 GR white manual sedan with A/C (170000 Km)

All since new

Good question Justin.
    I have noticed over the years an increase in threads where people are earnestly asking for help being hijacked and descending into flaming wars where the original topic is subsumed by the 'battle of the knowledgeable'.
    For instance... Engine Trouble - Tapping and Oil Pressure Light - HELP - PIC INCLUDED

Most of us are enthusiasts. Some of us a little overly so.

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

I'm not boasting, I'm just a Gumnut. I don't post much either. I do read AF daily mostly to have a giggle as some of the comments posted are a little left of centre....

Sometimes I give advice if no one has given it before or if I have seen the same fault numerous times and the current posts are leading down the wrong garden path. Mostly I don't need to as Addo pretty much steers threads back on track.

I'm not "old" either. Well, not really. I'm mid/late 20's and onto pug number 16. Although I only have 9 in the collection at the moment. And a Clio.
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

Is an indicator of how much masochist the user is

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Thanks Kenny, but I have to complain because you spoil my theory.

That theory is, people list the cars they require(d) assistance fixing. The DIY'ers frequently have no such list.

Yep, spot on Addo; I totally need help fixing my cars! I've not been exposed to auto mechanics enough to just take a stab and go for it.

But if I didn't need help, I probably wouldn't be here, and I'd just rock up to the French Car Festival once a year.

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

it is enevitable that you lose once in a while, just don't make a habit of it... Uncle Henry 'A Good Year'

The problem isn't how to win, it's how to stop citroens from losing hydraulic fluid...

Thread Information