WTB - motor or motor parts for 203
  • Register
  • Help

Default WTB - 203 motor or parts

Hi

I need to rebuild a 203 engine, but before i do, has anyone got a good running motor for sale?

Its for a very early sunroof / eyebrow / bonnet scoop 203 but i'm not too worried about originality as this is to run while i rebuild the original 1950 motor.

Otherwise if you have any 203 engine parts that need a good home, I have a spare block etc to rebuild and some parts but will be buying others.

Let me know what you have on 0267 712 508 (AH or leave a message)

Dave

Advertisement
    Last edited by DaveB; 2nd July 2012 at 11:30 AM.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hi

I need to rebuild a 203 engine, but before i do, has anyone got a good running motor for sale?

Its for a very early sunroof / eyebrow / bonnet scoop 203 but i'm not too worried about originality as this is to run while i rebuild the original 1950 motor.

Otherwise if you have any 203 engine parts that need a good home, I have a spare block etc to rebuild and some parts but will be buying others.

Let me know what you have on 0267 712 508 (AH or leave a message)

Dave
    Yes, I have some bits and since I no longer have the rally 203 I could spare a set of bearings and a gasket set, plenty of heads etc. What are you after?
    Graham

Default WTB - 203 motor / parts

Hi Graham

Thanks for your interest, I am not sure what i need yet.

I have 2 engines to rebuild, but only put the good spare up on the bench last night.
    Was dismayed to find that engine is not as good as was told when i bought it, but am yet to fully strip it down. Signs are not good - shortened / halfsize oil filter bogged in place, rusted valve stems. Ex race motor, some parts look closer to boat anchor ...

The original motor is getting too smokey on startup (suspect valve guides & seals) and the donk donk noise is slowly getting louder.

I am certainly interested in the bearings and gaskets, as I have only a few bearings and a single gasket set.
    Perhaps you could PM me your ph no so i can call later this week once i have my parts on the bench tonight / tuesday?

Thanks
    David

Thread Information