205GTI dizzy capsule
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205GTI dizzy capsule

I am in dire need of a new dizzy capsule, both mine (I have a spare) are shot and causing a bit of a flat spot and some erratic idling issues.

Advertisement

Please help. Am willing to pay express post, but please make sure you're selling me a working one.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Dont think you understand how the vacumn advance works.

Block up the vacumn hose to the dizzy and see if the issues are still there.

Good luck with the search for a good capsule.
    Adrian Wuillemin

Can u still buy them new?
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Rare as rocking horse poo, but someone must eventually make replacements given how many there are in the world. So both have no resistance when you suck on them?

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Wuillemi View Post
    Dont think you understand how the vacumn advance works.

Block up the vacumn hose to the dizzy and see if the issues are still there.

Good luck with the search for a good capsule.
    Wow, you're very nice and helpful.

The flat spot happens on hard acceleration upon upshift form first to second. Do I know how it works now?

Yes, Peter both. I have seen a refurbed dizzy on fleabay, but it's 60 pounds. Might have to bite and dish out in the end. Looks very nice. I used to be able to refurb the capsules in the past if the diafragm was not destroyed, but who knows these days? Maybe I should have a crack at it and make a good one out of two bad ones.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Wow, you're very nice and helpful.

The flat spot happens on hard acceleration upon upshift form first to second. Do I know how it works now?

Yes, Peter both. I have seen a refurbed dizzy on fleabay, but it's 60 pounds. Might have to bite and dish out in the end. Looks very nice. I used to be able to refurb the capsules in the past if the diafragm was not destroyed, but who knows these days? Maybe I should have a crack at it and make a good one out of two bad ones.
    Won't be the capsule then, it only has an effect on light throttle.
    Graham

Fellow Frogger!

I was being helpful.

I told you it was not the problem.

If you do not want to listen thats fine.
    Adrian Wuillemin

If you want people to listen you have to refine your approach.

I know, Graham, but I am talking about the engine coming up in revs, and I am sure it's an advance miss of just a split second before it picks up and goes hard. Everything else on the motor is peachy keen. I will report back anyway.

On light throttle it goes fine, no problem so it may be that the vacuum leak is not that big, or perhaps it has a point where it needs o build up to leak, don't know.

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry, i just kept it simple so you could follow it.

Will waffle on in future and give you useless advice.
    Adrian Wuillemin

Found a number of places on the interweb where you can buy capsules (mainly US, mainly overpriced and with overinflated shipping). Sent a few messages and will report back. Looks like some of these might fit. Pulled apart the spare capsule I have and it has the diafragm torn clean off around the arm attaching point in the middle.

There has to be a part number for this thing and Bosch can supply them, but we need to know the part number.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 23rd May 2012 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Found a number of places on the interweb where you can buy capsules (mainly US, mainly overpriced and with overinflated shipping). Sent a few messages and will report back. Looks like some of these might fit. Pulled apart the spare capsule I have and it has the diafragm torn clean off around the arm attaching point in the middle.

There has to be a part number for this thing and Bosch can supply them, but we need to know the part number.
    Hi, I have actually been looking for the vacuum advance capsule myself recently so will share what I have found out.

Bosch distributor 0 237 009 051 / 074 (this is the distributor to suit 1987-1990 DFZ, may suit others)
    Peugeot part number for vaccum capsule is: 5951.76, and bosch number is: 1 237 123 081

Have been told that they are available from Bosch Germany for around the $70 mark plus that again in postage (airmail). Can't see why it costs so much for postage. Cheaper postage is via surface mail, which is anywhere from a 3 to 5 month wait.

Cheers, Patrick.

Thread Information