WTB -- 505 wheel nuts
  • Register
  • Help

Default WTB -- 505 wheel nuts

I realise I'm probably asking for help to find the 'Holy Grail'. Nevertheless, here goes ....

Advertisement

I have four Peugeot 505 GTI wheels (and tyres), which Bill McNamee has just shown me are attached to my car with the incorrect wheel nuts. Indeed, the narrow-ended wheel nuts currently and barely holding the wheels on Bill would classify as 'dangerous'.

I've been to a few tyre/wheel shops in Canberra, only to be be laughed at for daring to expect that they might have or be able to acquire wheel nuts so strange! "Off you go to the original Peugeot shop" they guffawed.

Please don't make it worse by asking me to post a picture here. One embarrassment is enough.

Those who know will recognise the wheel nuts I'm seeking: ie, the ones with the very large rounded ends that sit in the very large dishes around the wheel stud holes.

I need sixteen (16) of these cute little sproggleyews.

I look forward to your positive and sympathetic replies.

Best wishes to all
    Al

I see them every now and then on UK ebay, had a quick look then and there are three new ones under Peugeot 505 wheel nuts, not much help but you may have to buy them up in small lots

Default wheel nut

Quote Originally Posted by stringybark View Post
    I realise I'm probably asking for help to find the 'Holy Grail'. Nevertheless, here goes ....

I have four Peugeot 505 GTI wheels (and tyres), which Bill McNamee has just shown me are attached to my car with the incorrect wheel nuts. Indeed, the narrow-ended wheel nuts currently and barely holding the wheels on Bill would classify as 'dangerous'.

I've been to a few tyre/wheel shops in Canberra, only to be be laughed at for daring to expect that they might have or be able to acquire wheel nuts so strange! "Off you go to the original Peugeot shop" they guffawed.

Please don't make it worse by asking me to post a picture here. One embarrassment is enough.

Those who know will recognise the wheel nuts I'm seeking: ie, the ones with the very large rounded ends that sit in the very large dishes around the wheel stud holes.

Best wishes to all
    Al

are these the ones you want?

regards,
    Garry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB -- 505 wheel nuts-01-nut.jpg   WTB -- 505 wheel nuts-02-nut.jpg   WTB -- 505 wheel nuts-03-nut.jpg  

Jump on the web, go to niceproducts.com.au and go through their catalogue or nuts closely, you'll probably find them there. I am amazed at the range they have available! Your local Autobarn can get them in, or go direct.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

Default 505 wheel nuts

Thanks for the reply and pics, Gary.

They are similar to the ones I'm seeking, but are the two-piece version, which Bill McNamee suggests can fail in some way.

The ones I'd like to get are one piece.

Many thanks
    Al

If you're really struggling, try this guy... http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk/

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

If the nuts / studs are M12x1.5, check out part NN332 in the NiceProducts catalogue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB -- 505 wheel nuts-nn332.jpg  
    Last edited by racing405; 16th May 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Trying to insert image
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

Default wheel nut

Quote Originally Posted by stringybark View Post

Best wishes to all
    Al
    al,

Why don't you put a photo up as i have hundreds of wheel nuts and if i have a pic i know what I'm looking for. There so many different nuts.

Garry

Default wheel nuts found

Garry, Mike, racing 405 -- thank you all for your responses. I'm most grateful for the ideas and the leads, which I may need in future, and most likely for other parts.

Robbo has come good and will be sending me a bundle of the wheel nuts in the next few days. We've spoken this day and concluded a successful transaction.

If only finding Kugelfischer injectors could be as easy!

Thanks again.

Al

Thread Information