WTB Renault Spark plug Socket
  • Register
  • Help

Default WTB Renault Spark plug Socket

I'm looking for a couple of those tapered tubular spark plug sockets that Renault included in the tool kits of a Dauphine, R10, R12, etc. They're thin-walled so they get in easily between the push-rod tubes that crowd the plugs and the taper means you can get around the dizzy that's not quite far enough away from no.3 plug to get a normal socket onto it.

I've got a couple of mates who are going spare trying to get a socket to fit - they didn't know about Renault's cunning little doodad.

I reckon anyone who's had a few Renaults might have a few of them lying around . . .
    Pics show what I'm on about.

Advertisement

Can anyone help me help my mates?

Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB Renault Spark plug Socket-screen-shot-2012-05-09-7.54.03-pm.jpg   WTB Renault Spark plug Socket-img_0296.jpg  
    There is a solution to every problem. There is a problem with every solution.
    • Renault R4L '63 - Descartes
    • Renault R4L '64 - Lucy
    • Renault Megane '07 - too young to have a name...

Banned

i think you will be able to find a tube wrench to suit bunnings or the like. i use a cheapie i bought somewhere normal, and welded a socket in the smaller end. that is admittedly for an R16 motor, but if you can find the tube wrench them you can likely modify it to suit eg flatten one end with a big hammer and drill a hole etc?

yeah, a tube wrench like that is an idea. Hadn't thought of trying to put a taper in one though.
    I think flattening the other end would still run into the dizzy but maybe there'd be enough turn to rotate the wrench to the next position.
    There is a solution to every problem. There is a problem with every solution.
    • Renault R4L '63 - Descartes
    • Renault R4L '64 - Lucy
    • Renault Megane '07 - too young to have a name...

Thread Information