Wanted - Tail lights (and other bits) for 1976 R12 wagon
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Wanted - Tail lights (and other bits) for 1976 R12 wagon

Good afternoon to all. I've just acquired a '76 TL wagon that's in pretty nice original condition apart from a few bits and pieces. namely the indicator/brake lenses, lenses for reverse lights, rear hatch button, driver's side mirror.

This is the first Renault I've owned after admiring them for a long time. The 12 has always been a favourite (have watched a local man race his 12 with great admiration for a few years) for some reason and it was good to save this wagon from the scrap heap. It's mechanically strong apart from what may be a driveshaft or bearing issue (yet to be diagnosed properly) and almost everything works on it. It even came with original books and the service sheet for the first wave of services from 1977 to 1979.

Advertisement

I'm not aiming for a concourse restoration, just a good, solid and enjoyable series of fixes to turn it into a fun daily or a few times a week driver.

Any help with the abovementioned parts (even if it's just pointing me in the right direction as to a good supplier) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Joey

COL

Default R12 Wagon Spares

Hi Joey

If you can't find any second hand Ebay is a good place to look. These cars were made in Romania and Turkey up until about 12 years ago or so, there are plenty of R12's in these countries but they are know as Dacia in Romania and Toro in Turkey.

Enjoy the car they are fun to dive and own and simple to work on.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Tadpole

COL,

thanks for the reply. I've got a couple of things earmarked on ebay but always prefer to get local stuff just to preserve it. also, not knowing the ins and outs of these cars etc finding a local spot to keep going back to would be good.

thanks again.

joey

COL

Default R12 Parts

Hi Joey

Another thing you may want to consider if you have the space and time is to buy whole cars that are going cheap and wreck them. Keep the parts you require and resell on the parts that you don't.

I have built up a reserve of spare parts for my cars this way.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Tadpole

Col,

thanks for the advice. Will look at it as an option. I've done it in the past with other cars (alfas and vauxhalls) but have tried avoiding it for space reasons.

I'm pleased to say that I may have a couple of leads with parts now, including possible assistance from a nice person I've met (through in laws) who runs a lovely A110 and a Renault Spider (unsure if he still has that one).

joey

Thread Information