Berlingo Gearbox wanted
  • Register
  • Help

Default Berlingo Gearbox wanted

Mmmm, I think my 2001 Berlingo g'box/diff may be cactus.
    Only because it it won't even roll with the clutch in!! So I'm guessing it's either a mainshaft, drop gear or diff that's jammed.
    Does anyone have one for sale...or one from a Peugeot 206(?) maybe. I'm sure the cwp will be much lower in the van but at least when I get it out we'll see more and whether the cwp are still intact.
    I think it's an 'MA' box, if that helps.
    I need the thing back on the road asap!
    Much appreciate any help.....
    Mark.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Default contact Dave Cavanagh

although hes in melbourn he will put you straight on what you need, more like 306 in thinking ,dont know how the interlocks work but you could have engaged 2 gears or the diffs calapsed .be interested to know how it happened ,seems to be a few of these around[ advertised ] with gearbox problems, not so in pugs! ,maybe they get more of a thrashing or load in the van .speak to someone in the know .if its the diff only you may be able to just take it off the back of the box ,provided it hasnt damaged the crown wheel and or spread crap all through the gearbox ,ARE YOU SURE THE CLUTCH IS DISENGAGING .PUGS

Fellow Frogger!

was box noisy beforehand?
    common for pinion bearing to fail.(this is a smaller bearing than the AX which also has MA box)
    why would they replace a bearing with a smaller one then put the box in a commercial vehicle??????

try sxc_r33 in Melb on this forum wrecking berlingo or ASV in Sinny

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Mmmm, I think my 2001 Berlingo g'box/diff may be cactus.
    Only because it it won't even roll with the clutch in!! So I'm guessing it's either a mainshaft, drop gear or diff that's jammed.
    Does anyone have one for sale...or one from a Peugeot 206(?) maybe. I'm sure the cwp will be much lower in the van but at least when I get it out we'll see more and whether the cwp are still intact.
    I think it's an 'MA' box, if that helps.
    I need the thing back on the road asap!
    Much appreciate any help.....
    Mark.
    We have one that we could let you have very cheaply because its noisy. It does need rebuilding but at least it works which is better than yours.

I just found out we can get rebuid kits for about $400. I think put a kit through ours and you'd have a good one.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Thanks for the replies chaps...I shall digest the info, and Dave, thanks for your offer...I'll pull the box out first and look a bit deeper. Strange thing is, the engine runs, in neutral and the clutch does disengage the engine...select a gear, and slowly let the clutch out and it wants to stall. That's as much as I've tried...don't want to push my luck doing that again in case I do more damage. So surely it must be the diff....or has selected two gears...we shall see!
    I'll report my findings!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Thanks for the replies chaps...I shall digest the info, and Dave, thanks for your offer...I'll pull the box out first and look a bit deeper. Strange thing is, the engine runs, in neutral and the clutch does disengage the engine...select a gear, and slowly let the clutch out and it wants to stall. That's as much as I've tried...don't want to push my luck doing that again in case I do more damage. So surely it must be the diff....or has selected two gears...we shall see!
    I'll report my findings!
    Err yes....now have gearbox out...I've discovered a new inspection hole where I can see the cw&p very easily....
    Haven't pulled it down any further at this stage but suspect a ball bearing got in the way....

Fellow Frogger!

my bet is the mainshaft bearing has spat a roller and it is jamming a gear or diff

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    I have a spare Berlingo gearbox which I purchased when I had issues with my Berlingo some years ago. Ultimately I did not need it and now have disposed of the Berlingo and hence no real need for the box now. AFAIK its in good order.
    Looking for $500 and I'm in Sydney too so no freight.
    Currently sitting in my garage at Annandale.

Also have a couple of used tyes on rims, mudflaps, and a Citroen CD player as well if interested

PM me if still interested.

Glenn

Thread Information