405 mi16 S2 rocker cover spark plug "o" ring / seal.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 mi16 S2 rocker cover spark plug "o" ring / seal.

Hi all.

As the title says i am after a O ring that sits between the rocker cover and head that stops oil leaking through into the spark plug holes. i just completed a full engine rebuild and the VRS kit was missing one and peugeot don't list them anymore and i've tried pretty much all the parts places in Melbourne so has anyone got a good second hand one or new one laying around? or know anywhere to get one? without buying a whole new VRS kit.

Many Thanks.

Advertisement

Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by pom-citroen View Post
    Hi all.

As the title says i am after a O ring that sits between the rocker cover and head that stops oil leaking through into the spark plug holes. i just completed a full engine rebuild and the VRS kit was missing one and peugeot don't list them anymore and i've tried pretty much all the parts places in Melbourne so has anyone got a good second hand one or new one laying around? or know anywhere to get one? without buying a whole new VRS kit.

Many Thanks.

Tom.
    Bearing Service, SKF or a good engineering should be able sell you "o" rings loose. Even Repco from an o ring assortment.

O ring fit is not too critical, get something a bit smaller in diameter, rather the larger if the exact size is not available..

It's not an o-ring as such. It's more of a flat doughnut. Keep in mind that S1 have the same part. Sorry, I have none. I toss them straight away as they're usually hard and brittle. Perhaps you could make one from something else?

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Tadpole

yea i was thinking about making one peter. just couldn't believe the kit only had 3 and not 4 was not a happy bunny lol. thank you both will keep searching tomorrow if not will make one.

Tadpole

hi guys just to let you know i couldn't find one so i made one

Thread Information