early 505 ignition switch needed Melbourne
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default early 505 ignition switch needed Melbourne

I really just need the wiring harness that attaches to the switch but will take the complete switch if anyone has one.

If you have one already out of the car then I don't need the key if that's lost as I can remove the wiring harness from it without the key, but if it's in the car then you need a key to remove the switch.

Someone living on a main tram or train line close to the city would be ideal as I don't have another car and I'm in East Melb. Thanks.

Advertisement

P.S. my switch is the long type-about 3inches long.
    Last edited by Nisspug; 21st December 2011 at 08:52 PM.

I would have one , if you cant find one locally then PM me your address and I will post it.
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Rally. Was hoping to get one before Xmas but if I don't I'll give you a hoy. Thanks again.

I have one, out of Oct '85 build, I'm in Huntingdale. Barrell is 4 inches and is a faulty, harness is 4 wires about 6 inches long

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Tomb. So the switch is faulty? Won't turn or something else? Would you be able to remove the two screws on the back and remove the wiring connection (remove the key and the steering lock releases)?

Does the little grey plastic round part with the cross-shaped slot in it turn OK and click in the different positions? This is the part that went wrong in mine-it wasn't clicking just turning round and round and not making contact. Amazingly flimsy switch.

Default 505

Quote Originally Posted by Nisspug View Post
    I really just need the wiring harness that attaches to the switch but will take the complete switch if anyone has one.

If you have one already out of the car then I don't need the key if that's lost as I can remove the wiring harness from it without the key, but if it's in the car then you need a key to remove the switch.

Someone living on a main tram or train line close to the city would be ideal as I don't have another car and I'm in East Melb. Thanks.

P.S. my switch is the long type-about 3inches long.
    i have plenty of them if you need one just pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Nisspug View Post
    Thanks Tomb. So the switch is faulty? Won't turn or something else? Would you be able to remove the two screws on the back and remove the wiring connection (remove the key and the steering lock releases)?

Does the little grey plastic round part with the cross-shaped slot in it turn OK and click in the different positions? This is the part that went wrong in mine-it wasn't clicking just turning round and round and not making contact. Amazingly flimsy switch.

From memory the key started to get stuck every now and then. Strangely seems fine now, not sticking, turns properly

Er.......that happened to me, just before my lock locked up internally almost completely. I was only just able to get it to turn to "accessories" to take it out.
    Last edited by Beano; 24th December 2011 at 01:21 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Great Tomb-PM sent.

Thanks also 505V6-PM sent.

Beano, after seeing the quality of the electrical switch in these I think it'd be wise to keep one or two spares as backup. Maybe all ignition switches are like this-I don't know.

Thread Information