WTD: 205 GTi Oil Pressure Sender
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default WTD: 205 GTi Oil Pressure Sender

Not sure if there's any difference between models but it's to suit a 1990 S2 GTi.

Advertisement

Prefer one that's known to be in good working order, but if you've got one lying around you think's OK and want to get rid of let me know.

Cheers
    Dave T

I got mine from Auto1. Don't mention the make of car, as I will got a negative response for a Citroen BX. I asked for an oil pressure sender, 16mm, 1.25mm pitch thread with a male spade clip connector.
    The brand is Tridon, part No. TPS023. Cost was $14.90 in Geraldton.
    DS 21
    C4 HDI
    Piaggio Fly 125

Fellow Frogger!

That's awesome, thanks Arunine!

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
    That's awesome, thanks Arunine!
    That one sounds like a switch to give a warning light when oil pressure is low.
    Do you need that or the sensor that connects to the oil pressure gauge?
    Graham

The box says Oil Pressure Sender. So where would the sender get it's pressure from, if not from the block mounted switch?
    DS 21
    C4 HDI
    Piaggio Fly 125

I think the question was to clarify whether it is a sender or a switch. I have bought the same part number and mine is a switch, not a sender.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

OK to clarify... I'm after whatever the thing is that makes the oil pressure gauge work, I take it the above part TPS023 is not that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
    OK to clarify... I'm after whatever the thing is that makes the oil pressure gauge work, I take it the above part TPS023 is not that thing?
    You mean you didn't even try to go on the tridon site to check for yourself? Isn't this your homework?

You were right all along, and we did understand it. What you describe is the oil pressure sender indeed. The comment that confused you was actually referring to the part recommended in post no2 (because Graham did actually go on the Tridon website, which was your homework to do, not his), not your description of what you need. Go on the tridon site, enter the part number you were recommended and you will see what that thing is. Here:

http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Pr...5&G=483&P=2011

Scroll down and you will see the part number and a picture. That is an oil pressure switch, not a sender. I have bought it as well, thinking it is a sender, but it isn't. What it reads on the box is down right misleading (mine says oil pressure sender too). The sender has the big thing and looks like for instance TPS005 in the list there.

Arunine, perhaps it would help if you posted a picture of what you bought. I would not be surprised if you actually bought the right thing, but I would put you luck down to poor QC at the factory. Just as mine is described as an oil sender and is in fact a switch even though on the website it is described as a switch. These things are probably made and packaged in China or Taiwan or India or heck knows where by people who don't speak english and most likely don't know the difference between a sender and a switch.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 29th December 2011 at 03:24 PM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Apologies, as I haven't fitted the unit yet. It looks exactly the same as the previous one that I took out and the one I took out of my spare car. When I fit it I will let you know. It is so hot here now I don't want to go outside.
    DS 21
    C4 HDI
    Piaggio Fly 125

Fellow Frogger!

Point taken, I was never very good at doing my homework. So TPS023 is the thing that makes the red light come on at low pressure, not the thing that makes the gauge go boing.

Thread Information