Wtd; heater tap for 505
  • Register
  • Help

Default Wtd; heater tap for 505

I think they are all the same. EAI out of stock as well as Caravelle. Ideally from a 90's vehicle would be good.

Advertisement

Do you mean the tap that goes in to the bottom of the radiator to drain it?
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo.

I think he probably means the valve which turns on/ off the water flow right on the heater itself, actuated by a cable.

Default 505 heater tap

Later 505s have an electronic valve mounted on the RH side of the engine bay. They can and do fail. Is this what you need Tomb?

The heater tap in the diesel is in and under the heater fan, passenger side, accessable from under the car. I did assume that they were all the same, which was silly of me because I know that is never the case with this car/505's.

I am assuming it is electronic James, one wire coming from it. It is certianly not cable controlled Beano although that is an option if I can't find the OE part.

So I'm after a seconhand heater control switch which turns off the heater, ie stops the coolant from entering the heater. On the SRDT it sits on the LHS of the car below the heater fan, not visible from the engine bay. It may well be the same as all 505's ( only one listed with EAI) just in different places in different models. (GTI have them on the firewall RHS adjacent to the clutch slave cylinder). Thanks

Thread Information