R 12/15/17 Gordini Rocker Cover wanted
  • Register
  • Help

Default R 12/15/17 Gordini Rocker Cover wanted

Ok I know these are rare but available at meccaparts but I'm just hoping someone may have one on a car they are wrekcing or one gathering dust someowhere that they'd like to part with for reasonable money.
    I'd really really like one.
    PM me if you have any leads.
    Cheers....Paul

Advertisement
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

I suppose you're after the alloy item of the 12G. 17G had the "normal" sheet metal cover. Not sure 15G exist, the 15TS had the sheet metal cover which is the same as the 17TL, TS and G.

I am not sure what the original items used on these cars look like, but I bought one from Mecaparts years ago and it's a shite casting. You are better off making one from scratch out of thick aluminium plate welded beautifully and machined finned at the top if you so desire. I had to machine mine everywhere too, because no line was straight on it. After all the costs for buying, shipping and machining were added, I could have had a much better product by making it from scratch. Mine looks nice now, but it's not as good as it could have been.

If original items were a better/nicer casting, perhaps it's worth chasing one on french ebay where they do happen once in a blue moon. It will be cheaper for sure.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

I purchaced one from Victoria about 9 years ago,very expencive had to machine ect to get it to fit,don't thing the cost was worth it.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    I suppose you're after the alloy item of the 12G. 17G had the "normal" sheet metal cover. Not sure 15G exist, the 15TS had the sheet metal cover which is the same as the 17TL, TS and G.

I am not sure what the original items used on these cars look like, but I bought one from Mecaparts years ago and it's a shite casting. You are better off making one from scratch out of thick aluminium plate welded beautifully and machined finned at the top if you so desire. I had to machine mine everywhere too, because no line was straight on it. After all the costs for buying, shipping and machining were added, I could have had a much better product by making it from scratch. Mine looks nice now, but it's not as good as it could have been.

If original items were a better/nicer casting, perhaps it's worth chasing one on french ebay where they do happen once in a blue moon. It will be cheaper for sure.

Thread Information